paper under glass mosaics

Maysville, NC

Hi All!...well I am stumped.. I have been searching for info the past few days and that is how I found this website. I have been doing some mosaic projects..some I have sold and some not as of yet. I am in the middle of doing a mosaic mirror and I know what I want to do on it ..I have the vision for it but not the complete know-how. I am doing a large "God Bless America" mirror and have wanted to put some artwork that I made on my computer under some clear glass. I printed it out on card stock, glued the glass over the artwork and then glued them as one piece to the board. The problem that I am having is I cannot get the glass to smoothly adhere to the paper without leaving it looking bubbly under the glass or smearing the ink on the paper when I try to apply the glue. I have tried Mod Podge and spray adhesive but I still do not like the way it looks through the cut piece of clear glass. It also has to be waterproof so I can grout it in. I found some pieces that others have done that seemed to come out beautifully but how do you ask someone their trade secrets. :( Does anyone have any pointers and is there a specific name for this kind of paper and glass technique in mosaics. Thanks for your help and look forward to hearing from you.

This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!