My Order from Stanton Iris Gardens

Bakersfield, CA

I received my order from Stanton's on Saturday, and I was so impressed that I took a picture of the rhizomes to share with you. I ordered a total of nine plants, and this is what I received -- absolutely overwhelming! And for those of us in the warmer climates, Alex ships through November!

http://stantonirisgardens.com/

Thumbnail by Betja
Kansas City, MO

That is impressive!

Castlewood, SD

just look at those beauties!!

Spicer, MN

I remember the feeling of 'What great Rhizomes you have! Last Sept. I ordered from them, kind of knowing it was getting to late
for MN zone 4. He told me to soak them in Miracle Grow to give them a head start. I didn't lose any of them. This last Summer (June) he had several on E-bay but nothing that valued. I ordered a half dozen, older ones like Coral Chalice, Dance Recital, Conjuration, etc. and they arrived SO small compared to last years. I still wanted to try again but his Web Site was having troubles as far as getting into ordering from it. Darn! Hopefully next year!

It IS amazing how big & beautiful they are...but I realize things equal out after the first year.

the only way i was able to get into their web site was to download firefox.

Spicer, MN

Ahha! Thank You!

you are welcome. it was very frustrating before i did that. could get to the site but not to the plant lists. funny, now my computer is running better.

Gainesville, TX

they will definitely get some business from me next season...great rhizomes

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous already and I really hate you mentioning the November shipping as I am in a warm area and have a small order for them that I've been avoiding looking at hoping I had run out of time:LOL:

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I actually looked, sat myself down an d had a good talk with myself. I decided to get A LIFE AND NOT ORDER ANY MORE IRISES THIS YEAR. LOL....

South Hamilton, MA

Late in planting season, anyway. chuckles. I hope you have a marvelous bloom season, anyway.

Gainesville, TX

Oooo Sharon you are soooooooooo strong, wish that you would mentor me

Spicer, MN

Thank you Sharon! I needed you saying for us/me to get a life. But it's SO hard! :o) When I saw Betja's photo's, I started trying to figure out a way to pot them up in one big 30"er pot and smuggling them down to NE. I am so ashamed!...not really. It is all such a miracle to plant them and see the beauty that arises.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.