We Got Some Rain

Winnsboro, TX

Oh I just have to tell all of you that we finally got some very much needed rain. It has been so hot and dry here in East Texas it was unbearable. I did not get outside much during the past two months. Alot of my plants have suffered through the hottest part of summer and look somewhat worse for wear. With a little TLC they should recover fairly well before the weather turns off cold. Today it's in the 70's and very pleasant for a nice long stroll through the gardens. I"m headed out the door to take notes on everything. I wish each of you a blessed peace filled Sunday.
God Bless You and Yours, Marian
This iris is called Blast.

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Usually TX sends its weather this way. I hope that includes your rain; we need it too. Today's the first day not in the 90s or above in months. Maybe Fall will actually get here......

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Is Blast a rebloomer? Iris don't usually bloom this late. We're getting the rain now. No storms, just steady rain since last night and all day today. It's supposed to continue thru tomorrow.

South Hamilton, MA

'Blast' is an intermediate iris hybridized in CA by the late Ben Hager. It would not rebloom here even if it did elsewhere. When we had an iris bloom for the first time in the fall, it didn't bllom the next spring.

Boaz, KY

I have a re-bloomer blooming now, here in western Kentucky! It did not bloom this past spring, but I've got seven or eight blooming stalks right now.

Gainesville, TX

the only iris I have ever had bloom in my north Texas sand fields was Bountiful Harvest.....I have several but none rebloom here

Winnsboro, TX

I usually have some rebloomers start blooming after the weather cools off a little and we've had a couple of good long soaking showers. Everything is so fried from the hot dry heat we've had this summer. I seriously doubt that I'll see any reblooms. I'll just be happy if I don't lose any more irises over the winter. I'd say I've lost over 30% of my irises again this year. I was just talking to another iris friend and have just about decided to dig up 2 of my huge iris beds and completely redo them. Working in all kinds of compost, poo and so forth into those beds. At the rate their croaking I don't think it could hurt them any and maybe it will help save some of them. (grin) Just more work for me to do that I had not planned on doing.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Wish I could get rebloomers here. I just look at the Iris Leaves and dream of next year.

Winnsboro, TX

Steph, I've never lived anywhere other than Texas. I don't know how anything survives in ya'lls weather. I would freeze to death. I bet the cold weather bulbs preform there out of this world. I'd love to see some pictures of your gardens and plants.

Dee, please get lots of rest and know we're all still sending you positive thoughts and prays. I'm glad the iris beds are finished and you can forget about them for a short time and take care of yourself and Cass.

Did I tell ya'll that HUSKER (Sharon) sent me the most beautiful gift this past week? She ordered an Iris called William(ette) Mist and sent it to me in memory of Willam Doug Henson my dear friend that I took care of the past 2 years. It was a huge surprise and she didn't even bother with telling me she was sending it. One day the mail man brought a box up to the house and I looked at my hubby and said what's this. I'm not expecting anything. It was from a Iris Farm and I was like this has got to be a mistake. Inside there was a very simple not that the iris was a gift from a lady named Sharon and gave me an email address for her and said that she was from Dave's Garden, I know several different Sharons on here and I knew it wasn't Sharon for Las Vegas, and it wasn't Sharon from New Mexico, I had no ideal which Sharon was so tender and sweet to go out of her way and share something so unexpectedly,
So Sharon I hope you see this and I want to thank you again right here in front of everyone. You are a special breed just like a couple of my other dear friends on here. Like I always say, Gardeners are the best and I'll take them for friends over other people anytime. (grin)

Hugs to all of you. Marian

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Sharon (Husker) is just a wonderful person. How sweet of her to do that for you, Marian.

The only rebloomer I guess we will have this year is good old Immortalilty. It never fails.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.