Mariposa

New Hyde Park, NY

I received a cutting last fall and it was sulking most of the winter. After pampering it really came alive and blazing this summer! So many people are surprised when I tell them it is a coleus. This is an all time favorite of mine!

Carol

Thumbnail by daisy_lee
Springdale, UT

Gorgeous !!!!! all of your coleus look beautiful

New Hyde Park, NY

Thanks! Here is a group sunning themselves on my deck.

Thumbnail by daisy_lee
Huber Heights , OH(Zone 5b)

Is that one of the cuttings we sent last year? Our Mariposa looks the same, I will take a picture of it and post it after the rain.

Donna & Patrick

New Hyde Park, NY

Donna & Patrick,

Yes, it was one of yours and I love it as well as so many others! Thanks for sharing!

Carol

What a beautiful group, Carol!!!

Springdale, UT

I'm new on here and a complete addict and if you know where I could get that beauty Mariposa I would so appreciate the info : )

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

nice reds

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Mariposa. along with many other wonderful coleus varieties are available from Rosy Dawn Gardens.

This message was edited Oct 5, 2010 7:14 PM

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Love your coleus! What is that so pretty pink one in the second pic in front? I love big combo coleus pots! Yours is great.

So sad, my coleus are all so big and beatiful and in a few weeks they will all collapse over just one night!

New Hyde Park, NY

Kell,

Thanks for the compliments! The pink coleus in the second picture is Inky Pinky.

Carol

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I picked some coleus for a arrangement in the house,the leaves are dropping.Guess I will have to refresh today so they will look pretty for this afternoon.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Lovely grouping, Carol!

Kilmarnock, VA(Zone 7a)

Mariposa was one of my favorites last year. The one I got from Rosy Dawn grew and grew. However, this year's never did really take off. I probably should have notified RD but didn't. I'm hoping to get a cutting or two and have better luck next year.

Betty

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

My Mariposa from RD really didn't do very well either...but so lovely I kept trying!

Danville, IN

My Mariposa from RD did great. I grew and trained about two dozen different varieties, including Mariposa, as standards. It grew slower, about half the eventual height of most of the others, but has large and colorful leaves, for sure.

Glen Riddle Lima, PA

Sometimes even if the mother plant's a "dud," the plants grown from its cuttings take off. For example, if the main stem has gotten woody while the plant is still small- I've found this to be the case a couple of times.

I do think you're right though, Mariposa grows more slowly than other coleus.

Good luck!

Joy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.