September 25th, 2010: Aloe 'Variegata' (Aloe nobilis) by zone10

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

The Bloom of the Day for September 25th, 2010 was Aloe 'Variegata' (Aloe nobilis).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2010-09-25

Beautiful specimen as well as your patio and yard!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Kin, I so want this one! LOL Zone10 has great succulents!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Thank you Kin and Kell! Not sure how this photo ended up as Bloom of the Day, but a nice accolade just the same.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I am on the BOTD committee and this is my month to pick, Zone10. I do not limit myself to just blooms, for I feel some plants are so beautiful and colorful they are close enough to a bloom! I like to vary my picks over a great range so people who are not usually exposed to such plants get a chance to experience them and maybe they will get interested in them. I used to be such a flower floozy but in the last few years I have grown in my interests and DG had fostered that. I like passing on the favor to others.

I think Kin who also is on the BOTD committee feels the same way for some of his picks.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks Kell, and I should have known you would be on the BOTD committee. You've always seem to have an eye for beautiful/quality plants. So how do you sift through all of the plant photos to narrow down a nominee?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

We all just keep our eyes out and when we see a good one, we save it to the forum for when it is our turn. All of us on it just love taking photos and looking at them so it is such fun!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.