Fruit for next spring have questions

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm thinking about getting a few things next spring. Some of the things that I lost this year , they were young and didn't make it through the extreme heat we had.

A couple of currants, white imperial and a black one,
and another gooseberry, I have one in a pot now and lost the other two, I can't remember which one I still have

I lost my polka raspberry plant, suppose to be quarter sized raspberries, anybody think it's a bad idea to replace it? think it wouldn't do well here?

I want to get a mayhaw tree I hear they like it moist and more acidic, do they all require a pollenator? can I just get two of them and would that work as a pollenator?

My poor blueberries aren't doing well since we put them in the ground, I've even used the acid reducing miracle grow on them, the leaves are still yellowing maybe too much heat, but we're about to cool off next week maybe for good I hope.

I have to replace my paw paw tree also it died on me this spring. need to buy a bigger one

I also have some bing cherry trees that were given to me, I have about 8 of them, will they produce cherries when their grown , I hear they also need a pollenator.

Also wanted to know if you can propagate goji berries by cuttings. and will they produce berries if you do this, I have a few cuttings already with roots on them. I know they do need a pollenator though.

thanks in advance for your help.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.