Looking for South African Gem Squash seeds. (Cucurbita pepo)

Fort Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10b)

I miss these little squash gems which are so delicious!

I have interesting tropical seeds as an exchange. Please let me know if you are interested, and I'll send a list of the seeds I have on hand at present.

Description From Wikipedia,
Gem squash (Cucurbita pepo) is a variety of summer squash that was domesticated from two wild varieties; Cucurbita texana found in the southern and central United States and Cucurbita fraterna found in Mexico. [1] The dark green spherical fruit, when fully ripe, is about the size of a softball (slightly larger than a tennis ball). The fruit needs to be boiled in order to render it palatable. The young fruit is often harvested before it is ripe (about golf ball size) due to its having a more delicate flavour and texture.

Photos of Gem Squash: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS373US374&biw=1406&bih=903&tbs=isch:1&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&gs_rfai=&q=.Gem%20Squash

Pretoria, South Africa

You've got mail...

Fort Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10b)

Hello Elsa, so nice to hear from you. Typed a long em to you but all deleted by mistake. (mine)! No em as yet! Had a huge problem with em for a long time, but supposedly all sorted out! Well, hope the em will appear! Will reply when I receive it. Cheers,J.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.