Kiln at the thrift store...

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Oh, what to do..what to do...
Yesterday I stumbled across a kiln for sale at the thrift store. The price was 150.00 for a huge older model kiln. Hubby and I talked to the clerk about the particulars..where it came from and was it in working condition. She assured us the woman who brought it in said it was working and rarely used. After opening up the lid, I could tell it wasn't used much at all. Hubby picked up the plug to inspect it and the male plug end was fried, looks like it shorted out.

I came home, did an internet search and found out it is a Duncan kiln, which is no longer in business, Paragon Kilns have bought them out. Did I mention the kiln was HUGE? From the looks of it, similar models were going for well over 1,000. Replacement parts are available for this kiln, but were pricey.

I wish I could have plugged it in right there to test it. I'm wondering if I'm passing up a good deal or being thankful there is the internet to do research...hmmm... any thoughts?

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!