Need information on Inner Child

Cherryvale, KS

This iris isn't in the plant files. I'm trying to get all of my new tags made with name and hybridizer & year. I'm including a picture of one of my favorites this year "Trumped". by Burseen

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

'Inner Child' 2009, Otterness Inner Child (Pat Otterness, R. 2009). Seedling B 38. TB, 34 (86 cm), Late bloom season. Standards palest orchid infused smoky

Ellerbe, NC(Zone 8a)

Let's try that again. The whole description didn't paste.

‘Inner Child’ (Pat Otterness, R. 2009). Seedling B-38. TB, 34” (86 cm), Late bloom season. Standards palest orchid infused smoky violet, deeper smoky violet bases and midribs; falls smoky violet overlaid silvery orchid, deep smoky violet borders (RHS 87C); beards bright red-orange; lightly ruffled. ‘Planned Treasure’ X ‘Whispering’

Sounds gorgeous!!! Got pictures?

Roxanne

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

OOOHHHH I like TRUMPED. Yummm.

Conway, SC

I got Trumped from Rocky Top this year.

Michael

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

OOOHHHH I like TRUMPED. Yummm. If you google Pat Otterness Iris-Inner Child you will find it.

Newfield, NY

were did you get that pretty iris -inner child?

Cherryvale, KS

After I posted this, I realized it was one that I received it from TBIS sale. Some days I need a keeper!! For sure!! We had a wind storm on 9-15, that took out a river birch. In other words another iris bed (the stump is a perfect seat) . I need serious intervention. We are also putting 2 more areas by the alley!! Send help quick!Happy Monday BIF's!! kisses from Kansas.(no pics, at work)

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Nicki this is getting serious LOL.

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I think Trumped looks alot like Starship Enterprise, I have that one and it does pretty well for me.
Sometimes if I want something and can't find it, I can look around and find something really similar.
I know some are pretty distinct though, and a replacement just won't suffice.

Cherryvale, KS

The new iris bed in front is planted!! Hooray Also one of the new ones in back is planted. Had tooo many so just planted alphabetically. You know they are going to be next to an iris that is a twinkie! One new bed to go and still have one in front to get the @#$$% bermuda out. Happy Thursday BIF's , Kisses from Kansas!

South Hamilton, MA

How did you get rid of the grass without hurting other plants?

Cherryvale, KS

Very sad!! I dug all of the iris and sprayed!! Not a good solution, but the only one I could think of. There will be a few(other plants) that will have to be dug next spring and more spraying in a small way. Have I told you lately, I HATE BERMUDA! LOL

Boaz, KY

I was just told, on another Iris thread, that Bermuda can be killed by spraying Hi-Yield Grass Herbicide. And that it won't harm other plants. I battle Bermuda too -- next year I'm going to give Hi-Yield a try!

Taylorsville, KY

Both of you will kick yourselves you didn't use the "over-the-top" grass killer sooner. It really does work wonderfully, and doesn't hurt the iris at all. In fact, I think the iris benefited from the dying/decaying grass roots that had intertwined themselves with the iris! Just remember it doesn't killl ANYTHING else, and, weeds being opportunistic, you will be shocked at how many weeds spring up in the space left by the dead grass. But they are soooo much easier to control than that #&^#$% bermuda!

Happy spraying!

Sue

Pleasant Grove, UT

I used Over the Top on mature clumps of peonies late last fall after I had cut the peonies off but grass was still green. This spring the grass was all dead and the peonies healthy. Great product. Can be found as Over the Top, Grass Begone, and Post. All give similar results. I don't mind digging up and resetting iris to get rid of grass but peonies resent being disturbed. My main grass problem is lawn grass.

Cherryvale, KS

Thanks for all of your comments. I have over the top, but it doesn't do 1 bit of good in the bottle!!!! LOL pic Blazing Beacon
Happy Friday BIF's

Thumbnail by NickysIris

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.