Thanks! (Post-Mini-Roundup)

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Lynn, Thanks so much for opening up your house and yard to all the garden nuts yesterday. I had a lovely time. Especially fun to tour the garden beds of you, Julie, and Sharon. Thanks everyone.

Perhaps those who thought to bring their cameras can use this thread to post pics.

This message was edited Sep 19, 2010 11:03 AM

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Thank you so much Julie, Sharon, and Lynn for your amazing hospitality. I had such a great time yesterday. And it was so fun to see the sun beds and the forest beds and what you all have growing there.

Thanks to everyone who brought plants for me to sneak away with. I'm going to be busy this week getting everything in the ground!

I took a few pictures and will try to get them posted tonight. Now, out into the rain . .

Lake Stevens, WA

What wondeful gardens each of you have. Thank you for the tours. There is nothing like good company and good food shared to make memories of a fabulous event. Lynn thank you for having us in your home. You are an amazing gardener!

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

What a great day! We really lucked out with weather (well... part of the time at least! We do know what we all look like in "working in the rain" mode as well now I think ^_^ ). This is such a fabulously fun, friendly and generous group of people... how could we not have a good time? It is such a joy to be able to put faces with names, and to get to know people so much better than you ever could on line!

Mom and I are having a "come down" day today... no chores, just fondling our new babies, putting the bare roots in dirt, and watching the weird weather (sun/rain/dump/sun/rain/dump) without feeling the obligation to get out there and get something done. Boy did we come home with some great plants..........THANK YOU ALL!!!!

We weren't as good as we normally are about taking pictures, but do have a few we would like to share.

Who would have guessed that we would have stated the day with SUN??? We enjoyed Lynn's hospitality and beautiful yard over mimosas and breakfast treats, and wondered at our good fortune.

Pixy's morning didn't start off quite so relaxed.... Here she is showing off the burnt rag that caused her ride over to be "exciting".... Pix, I will let you tell the full story if you so desire.

Thumbnail by Rarejem

Everyone was awed both by Pixy's story and by the amount of things she and Andrew were able to squeeze into her truck.....

Thumbnail by Rarejem

There were so many fantastic things in the "plant swap" area, that even those of us who weren't really planning on coming home with much of anything came away with a bunch of babies......

Thumbnail by Rarejem

I think all of us fell in love with Lynn and Joey's covered gazebo. Here is Gwen relaxing in one of the fluffy chairs there....

Thumbnail by Rarejem

I stole half of the couch from a very wet, dirty and tired Henry dog.....

Thumbnail by Rarejem

Unfortunately, the sun didn't stay out the whole time, but some of came better prepared than others. Melissa was well dressed for seed collecting in the rain....

Thumbnail by Rarejem

And I can't leave out the cool umbrella.... She was really the only one smart enough to make any attempt to "stay out of the rain"....

Thumbnail by Rarejem

Joey made us some awesome burgers and brauts.... Can you tell that he is a fireman? (Yes, pun intended)

Thumbnail by Rarejem

REALLY a fireman.....

Thumbnail by Rarejem

My Don said that he would take the "heat" for the well done wieners.... Unfortunately, those who know him at all know that he doesn't come close to cooking, so we know it was all an act....

Thumbnail by Rarejem

While I was watching the antics outside, Mom got pictures of the busy kitchen as well....

Thumbnail by Rarejem

Kathy helping in the kitchen. I just adore this picture... I think it epitomizes the mood of the gathering.....

Thumbnail by Rarejem

Julia enjoying being "inside" outside. I sooooo want a covered patio now....

Thumbnail by Rarejem

And the last picture that we have... Kymm unwinding in the massage chair...

Thumbnail by Rarejem

Thank you all so much for the great day, the wonderful plants, and the excellent company. We missed all of you who couldn't make it.. you were in our thoughts for sure!

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

I so wish I could have been there! Tracy actually offered to take me in the morning, but I'm really not up to going anywhere yet, dangit. Just the ride there would have knocked me out. :(

Love the photos so far- looking forward to more!

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

No photos from me as my camera is still broken and not fixed nor replaced.

It took me 5 hours to get home! I got to the ferry in 2 hours but there was some kind of problem so they had only been running one ferry instead of 2 and instead of every half hour, it was more like every hour and 10-15 minutes. I was shocked to see the line backed way up the hill when I got there. Usually at that time on a Saturday night you'd drive right on the boat. So I had over a 2 hours ferry wait (my longest wait ever) and then the trip the rest of the way home. I didn't get home until after midnight and I left Lynn's a little after 7. I was soooo glad to finally get home.

I waited to unload my gifties until today. Everything is either buried in dirt (the bare root stuff) and unpacked and ready to plant, which I hope to get to tomorrow. The windows are lined up over near the greenhouse where I hope to use them to build a couple cold frames.

Thank you so much to Pixy and all the others who brought plants. And to Lynn and Joey for being fantastic hosts. You guys are the best hosts EVER. And to Julie and Sharon for again opening their gardens to us. Also thank you to everyone who brought all that yummy food!

Another great round up!

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

I have two plants I can't remember the names of. Pixy, one is the plant that was in a pot that you said is tender and blooms either white or blue. I believe I actually have two of them, one in a clay pot and one in a black nursery pot.

The other is a very tall plant and whoever was giving them out had a few of them. It has tiny flowers at the end. Is in a black nursery pot. I can't remember if these were from Pixy or not.

Oh, also one more I forgot the name of. From Kymm, and they were in two small pots and are very fragile looking plants.

Seattle, WA

Oh my goodness that's a terrible picture of me in the massage chair - but probably pretty accurate as to my level of apprehension. Felt great though.

Gwen, I think those are the Sweet Cicely. The plants are looking pretty ratty because they are going dormant, but they should have nice long tap roots.

I had a great time, thank you everyone. Thanks to BeaHive as well. We wished you could have been there to see us all enjoying your iris and beautiful flower cards.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Gwen, sorry for your long road home. We left shortly after you and were a bit lost in the rainy dark with no stripes on the road. We ended up following someone we convinced ourselves was you, who lead us to our path home.

(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA(Zone 8a)

What a great day! Thankyou so much Lynn, Joey, Julie and Sharon for opening you homes and gardens to all of us garden nuts! Unfortunately we had to leave early but I did get a few pics!
Wow Pixy came loaded!

Thumbnail by Azorina

Kym and Pixy sorting through the goodies.

Thumbnail by Azorina

It is always good to see Kathy and Julie (and getting caught doing so) Debbie (Cedarhome) and Shirley from the Ripple Effect are in the background. Unfortunately Shirley had to leave early.

Thumbnail by Azorina

Lynn's home and gardens are so beautiful I really thought about moving in! Pix, Sharon Lynn & Julie kibitzing with Mona and DH behind the clock. I'm not sure who is hiding in front of Lynn

Thumbnail by Azorina

Pixy, Debbie, Julie, Gwen, Lynn, Springcolor, Kym, and Kathy admiring Sharon's new bed with Henry goofing off in the foreground. On a clear day this is one of the most breathtaking views of Mt. Rainier. Apologies to Springcolor for not remembering her name

Thumbnail by Azorina

Pix in Sharon's back courtyard

Thumbnail by Azorina

Sharon's entry garden

Thumbnail by Azorina

This is Julie's garden (Only a small part)

Thumbnail by Azorina

This fairy says it all!!

Thumbnail by Azorina

The path under the arbor beckons to explore the gardens beyond

Thumbnail by Azorina

Such a bright colors on Julie's dahlia

Thumbnail by Azorina

My apologies to Lynn for not getting any pictures of your gardens..............I guess I will just have to get back up there with my sleeping bag and camera. Hopefully there will be some more pictures posted

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Beahive,

Thank you so much for the iris's and the note cards. They are all so beautiful. I am going to frame mine.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks again everybody for making the day wonderful. This is for you all . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3FkaN0HQgs

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

:) Sad to see him.

Yes, Bea, thank you SO MUCH for the notecards. They are wonderful.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Julie was at my computer posting pictures and thank yous, so I feel like I was part of that, but have to add my kudos to our host and hostess. It was an absolutely wonderful party and so great to see "old" friends and meet some new ones. What an absolutely great group of people.

Thank you to those who contributed to us having lots of "babies" to take home and adopt to our new gardens. We fondled them for a long time this morning while dreaming of their places in our yards, homes and greenhouses. It is aways a pleasure to remember gardening friends as we look at the plants they have shared with us over the years. You never remember what Nursery things came from but you ALWAYS remember friends who gave you specific plants. Wonderful memories are made of this!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I just got a notice and I'm going to post here as I'm guessing this is where most people are now -

Greer Gardens in Eugene is having a sale -

25% of Japanese Maples
25% off select conifers
Rhododendrons and Evergreen Azaleas are also on sale . . .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.