Forty Rhizomes - One Low Price

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

I finally cleaned out my noid bed. As they were blooming, I cleverly marked each one with colored yarns so I would know what to take out. Apparently, the birds or something liked the yarn too, because most are missing…….. :(

I have one priority medium rate box of iris for postage ($10.70 plus paypal fee, if you go that route). At least forty rhizomes – most are from the 50's, 60’s, 70’s, or 80’s.

There will be some Blue Sapphire; maybe either Blue Shimmer or Violet Shimmer. A few light yellow, a few white, at least one two-toned yellow/maroon, a dark blue with white beard, maybe a Majorette.

There are small marked pieces of: Exactitude, Warrior King, Fall Fiesta, Champagne Elegance, Champagne Waltz and/or Champagne Wishes (funny how when you’re hot and sweaty, you don’t realize that marking them “CW” isn't the brightest idea!). The named pieces aren’t blooming size.

Only one box available.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Since you have the older ones in there, I would absolutely love the box.

I can paypal you, send a check, or even send some beardless irises if you want them.

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi Polly-

I'm sending you a dmail. The box is yours.

Neil

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Neil, how generous of you to share.

Polly, I didn't know you liked the "older" ones, you know how I hate to compost my plants, you'll have to come when the TB is are blooming and mark your selections. Champagne Elegance is truly lovely.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thank you Mittsy, and others who offered me irises. What a great group. I happen to really love the ones from the 50s and 60s, as they bring back a lot of memories of my Aunt Helen who got me into irises. Plus I suspect Neil might have some Walter Moores ones in there, and he is a friend :)

I think with the 40 Neil is sending, I should be pretty well set.

Thank you Neil!

Winnsboro, TX

Well I'm pretty jealous POLLY! I've been on the losing end all day. LOL
Today I nearly killed myself in my Koi Pond out front. The pump went out and all my huge koi are dead. We were able to save about 16-20 very small fish. I had to pump 95% of the water out of the pond in order to catch the smaller ones that were still alive. Then I climbed down into the pond with the fishnet and scooped out what I could. Being the graceful self that I am, the next thing I know my feet go sliding out from under me and I land on my rear end. Of course I put my hand out to break the fall and now my wrist and shoulder hurts every bit as bad as my bottom side. Twisted my ankle and who knows what else is going to be hurting in the morning when I get up??? I hurt all over right now!
Anyway it gets better, I'm covered in pond scum from my head to my toes, actually I end up with one shoe on and one off in the pond. The phone rings and George tells me my friend called and wants me to call her back. Mind you I'm still on my hiney moaning and groaning and he comes right back out and tells me the President of our Iris Society called and our meeting place is unlocked, ready for me to come help set-up and display all the irises and daylilies we got from the Hybridizers for our club. Got to figure out how I'm going to get out of the pond, hurry up and take a shower and get up to the Bank to set up everything. In the meantime I call my friend who reminds me I'm suppose to set with her mother this evening and tomorrow. I had completely forgot about working for her. I had her try to find someone else so I could purchase some of the wonderful plants that we were going to be able to get for very little tonight. It was a no go. So I took a quick shower, headed out the door to help set all the tables with iris and daylilies. Got that done and then left the sale without one single plant. Tom Burseen had a ton of his 2010 releases that I was drooling for. Unfortunately I had to leave before the sale started. (frown) So as you can see, today has not been a good day for me at all.
Man I sure did want some of those Burseen Irises. This is just a partial list of some of his Irises we got for our sale.
Auntie Claudia (Burseen 2010) Beth's Blessings 2010,Craig's List 2010, Western Ambience 2010, Do Wop Memories 2009, Dazzling Sarah 2007, Elvis Dreamer 2008, Florence Hill 2009, Glitter Gulch 2009, I Wuv Woses 2009
Mercy Marci 2009, Pure Form Mints 2007, Reckin I'm Ready 2009, Roper's Revenge 2008, Sammies jammie's 2010,
Spittin Cotton 2009, Stud Book Stuffer 2009, Tabacco Chew 2009, Trumped 2008, Winsome Wendy 2009, Glorious Is. And that's just the irises from Tom Burseen that I missed out on. We have several other hybridizers irises to choose from. (frown) Now you see why I had such a bummer of a day.
Glad you got the freebies, they'll go to a good home!

Newfield, NY

am looking for a old iris.that look like a root beer float.my grand mother had. then i was growing up.no not now the name of it?

Newfield, NY

polly, am very jealous too.have fun planting them.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Dori,

You're just going to have to come up some year, and I will share.

Newfield, NY

i have about 150 new iris this year.cant wait to see them bloom

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Wow, great! Maybe we can trade sometime.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Dori, check out Gingersnap, depending upon your soil elements, this one blooms brown to coppery. I could never capture the true color with my camera. It's beautiful, and brown.

Newfield, NY

mittsy.i got gingersnap new this year.the one am looking for is brown bottom and french vanilla top?oh i see you have Champagne Elegance so pretty.i have that one to.

Newfield, NY

oh i have a box of purple iris.noid.to give away too and one SWEET iris root

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.