Tempo Two

Conway, SC

Just wanted to let everyone know that Tempo Two website is updated with thier 2011 introductions.
I have already picked out 9 must haves.

Michael

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Oh my gosh, that Electric Candy is to die for! So pretty. Thanks for the heads up.

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

I just received their lovely, lovely catalog in the mail -- all the way from Australia. What a great surprise!

Kansas City, MO

Went to the website and looked them over. Yummy!

K

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

WOW ! I got my catalog today too ! How about Lesley's Chestnuts Roasting !!!!
What do you think of the photos from page 9 on. It's nice but takes away from some of the actual irises I think.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Of the newest intros I lean towards Amorous Heart, I Gotta Feeling, Kissable You, Show Your Colours, and Softly Waiting. He has great looking irises. ^_^

South Hamilton, MA

website path anyone?

Conway, SC

I agree with you on the pictures. They are a bit overwhelming.

The link is
http://www.tempotwo.com.au/Tempo_Two/Welcome.html

Conway, SC

My picks are

Dreamalot
I Gotta Feeling
Kissable You
Electric Candy
Romantico
Catwalk
Chestnuts Roasting
Palace Treasure
Amorous Heart

Michael

Taylorsville, KY

I got my catalog yesterday as well -- how breathtaking! Yeah, the way the pictures are done are kinda distracting, but they do give you a very nice closeup you don't usually get. I think they will take some getting used to, but OMG, the flowers! I don't know if I can pick just one! I hope I can find someone to combine an order with!

Sue

Boaz, KY

So -- there are no prices. ???

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

I gotta tell you, that if I could only pick one from the catalog...(and I probably will not be getting any) ...I think Lesley has given Barry a wonderful competition with Chestnuts Roasting. That would be my pick.
If I were doing one of just Barry's ... I think it would be I Gotta Feeling....wonderful ruffles, nice purple/orange/white combo, and nice veining.

Conway, SC

Who am I kidding...
I want them all...

Michael

South Hamilton, MA

Luckily I'm not buying TB & didn't see the IBs listed. With a name like 'Frilled to Bits' he must have been talking to Tom Burseen.

Boaz, KY

Asking again -- no prices available?

Conway, SC

The prices are only listed in the catalog. The new introductions range from 50 to 75 each.

Taylorsville, KY

That price is Austrilian dollars -- rate of exchange is about 90%, so a listed price of $50 AUST is about $45 US. Of course, that doesn't count the phyto cert, frt, etc., but that is why several people need to get together to do an order -- that way the cost is split. I just love so many of them..... sigh.

Sue

Boaz, KY

Thanks Bluidboy. Too expensive for me -- I'd have a heart attack if one of them died. But they are magnificent. (sigh)

South Hamilton, MA

Look on the Keppel website next year. He does carry a collection of Barry's newer ones, if not this yrs. intro.

Shepherd, MT

Got the catalog, I must say, I do not care for the way they did the pictures, it takes away from the iris and some pictures are hard to see the iris

Boaz, KY

Thanks IrisMA!

Kansas City, MO

Could one of you that has received the catalog give us a description in detail as to what they did to the pictures? There have been numerous negative references but I still have no idea what they did that is so different. I normally get a catalog from Barry but not so far this year and am wondering if I should make an effort to get one.

K

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

Okay Irisawe, I will try to describe this for you.....
If you were to take a picture of one iris. Then enlarge that Iris picture about 8 or so times. Cut an oval out of the center of the enlarged picture and insert the original pic into that space. That is the general idea.
In some cases the original has enough of green or other colors from the original pic background visible that it breaks up the color. BUT, in many of the pictures there is not much of a color break from the original pic to the blown up VERY colorful backgrounds.
Thus , very distracking and more importantly...may be inhancing the true color too much is what I am affraid of.
Maybe I'm wrong about this, but if I were to order any of them I would prepare myself to expect it would not be as bold of a color as it might appear in the catalog.
Don't get me wrong...they are all still beautiful. I'm just trying to expain in detail.

Also I want you to know that the new intros are not pictured that way. They are just the iris.

Hope that helps you to understand what we are talking about.

Kansas City, MO

Willit_Grow,

Thank you for the thousand words. I truly appreciate it. It had become like standing on the outside of a group of people that were in a circle and only the ones nearest the center could see in common with one another and they were exclaiming different things that only they could understand. That left the ones on the outer perimeter (me) going, " what the...???????" . With each comment it was getting worse, wondering what are they talking about? Just had to finally ask , will someone please give it more than a line and spell it out. You, my friend, did that and I thank you.

K

Boaz, KY

And thanks from me too. I was also on the outside of that circle wondering how the heck someone could mess up an Iris catalog! lol Now I know!

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

My take on the colorful "iris within an iris close-up frame" is that it is very artsy but for the serious iris buyer/comparer it is distracting. I'm thinking some graphic designer with a recent knowledge of photoshop took too many steriods. Or maybe it's the in-style thing graphic designers do in Australia. It does take time and effort to visually process these photos.

Maybe I'm just a less is more type of person.

Peg

Santa Ynez, CA

I agree it is nice on some levels but when you are really wanting to see what an iris looks like, it is distracting......his iris are gorgeous so don't really need to do anything to the photo, but take a good quality picture to show it off......Marie

Lebanon, OR

I wrote Barry and told him as always loved the new catalog BUT it was too hard to see the pure beauty of the iris with the way the catalog was done.

D

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

I know this is a "Blyth" thread but.......does anyone actually have the Nicodemus 03...Smoldering Fire ? (from page 35 in catalog) and if you do...is it as truely as smooth velvety chocolate looking in bloom as the pic makes me think it is ? If it is...I'm now looking for it !

South Hamilton, MA

Try Rocky Top Gardens they carry her plants. Sure that they are finished shipping for the yr however.

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks IrisMA, I appreciate your response.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.