No Sugar, No Corn Syrup

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

I decided to try an experiment. I can eat anything I want as often as I want unless it has processed sugar or corn syrup added to it.
I decided to exclude evaporated cane juice too but items made with pure honey were okay.

I started eating about 12 meals a day for the first 4-5 days. I didnt expect that. I had to eat lots of fruit to make up for my bodies addiction to sugar and corn syrup. By the 5th day, the cravings went away and I was down to 7 meals a day. Within a few weeks, I had dropped about 13 pounds with no change in my exercise schedule. It has been about six weeks and I have lost about 20 pounds. Almost all the weight was from my stomach area or that is where I notice the change the most. I went from having a bit of a gut to being thin in the waist. I probably eat about 5 meals a day now. I did not drink sodas or beer at all before the experiment started. I can only imagine how hard it would have been if I did drink those.

I never realized how much sugar I was eating a day until I started reading the ingredients. Here a some things that have sugar or corn syrup. I probably cut out a pound of sugar a day. You will notice that almost everything you eat has one of the listed items below.

Almost all bread
Almost all frozen dinners/pizza
Bacon and many sandwich meats
Most soy milks
Yogurt
Almost all cereals
Salad dressing
Pasta sauce
Almost all drinks in a container
All condiments but mustard
Most dried or canned fruits or veggies

HERE ARE THE THINGS I CAN EAT

Peanut butter
Bread made with honey
Shreaded Wheat plain
Soy milk with no sugar added. Hard to find.
Eggs
Raw Meat (lots of the packaged meats have sugar added)
Dole 100 percent juice
Amy's Frozen dinners
Veggie Burgers
Nachos with cheese/Avocado
Lots of Fruit
Veggies
Vinegar salad dressing
Nuts
Fish

I came to the realization that American isnt prone to being fat. We are just being fed like pigs.
My secret is to have lots of Blueberries/strawberries available to make things sweet and spices to make things rich.

This thread has 61 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!