Want something spooky to read for Halloween?

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

I just finished a book described as southern gothic that was really well done. History fans will like it, horror fans will like it, and gardeners will like it although I have to say that she has spring blooming plants blooming in the fall, but I'm trying to overlook that. It's called A Twisted Ladder by Rhodi Hawk. It just came out in paperback, so easy to find.

Another one that is actually a romance but a historical/mystery one that's kind of spooky is The Dead Travel Fast by Deanna Raybourn. It takes place at the castle of Count Dragulescu if that gives you a clue. In the overgrown walled garden, they grow black skinned apples -- gotta love that.

Got any suggestions for me? I like horror where beauty is juxtaposed with the dark & sinister, and there's a mystery to unravel in addition to something supernatural, and I like characters that are so real that you forget they are just fiction.

This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!