Rebloomer 9/15/2010 - Las Vegas

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

My first bloom on one of two re-bloomers. I was so happily surprised I was dancing in the back landscape. Still in the 100s but suppose to cool down to mid 90s by mid next week.

Thumbnail by WormsLovSharon
Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

So what's the name of this pictured rebloomer? It's doing great considering it's still hot there. I'm always looking for iris that can take the heat.
Peg

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I will have to look it up. The marker has been moved by the landscaper (mow & blow guys) weeding.

South Hamilton, MA

Too bad that mowing can't be done by people who know gardens. This type is often able to mess things up.

Boaz, KY

That's a beauty, Sharon! I've got a rebloomer in bloom now too -- I'll try to get photos in the next day or two! :-)

Winnsboro, TX

Looks beautiful Sharon! You might want to keep an eye on the canna however because it will over take the iris and completely shade it out. I've seen your blow and go gardeners at work. They work at such a fast pace and keep everything so tidy looking I'd almost give my first born to have them come here once or twice a week to keep things at bay here. Love the bloom and it's a wonderful shade of blue. Too bad all of our irises aren't rebloomers. One of my friends has a couple that bloom nearly all year except for when the weather is too cold. Come to think of it, I"m going to email him right now and see if he'll send me a start of them or at the very least the names of them. LOL
Happy Gardening, dear friend. Hug Vern for me!
God Bless You and Yours, Love Marian

Spicer, MN

It IS so exciting and I'm so happy for you! Your Iris reminds me of Mary Francis. It is such a soft lavender & with the white beard, it may be. Whatever, it's just so beautiful!

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi I went out in the yard and two white iris blooming everything else is done what nice surprise......sharon

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I have the list of names, I just need to get on line and look them up and place each photo in my I photo album.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Sharon, here the list of the irises in that area.

Fall Rerun (qty. 1)
Double Click (qty. 1)
Designer Label (qty. 1)
Deep Conviction (qty. 1)
CELEBRATION SONG (qty. 1)
CAJUN RHYTHM (qty. 1)
Barbara My Love (qty. 1)
Sunny Bubbles (qty. 1)
Star Surge (qty. 1)
Midnight Thunder (qty. 1)
Iron Eagle (qty. 1)
In The Clouds (qty. 1)
Impeccable (qty. 1)
Idle Dreams (qty. 1)
I'VE GOT RHYTHM (qty. 1)

Bakersfield, CA

I think it's FALL RERUN. I have it too, but I was hoping it would rebloom later. I really loves the ones that bloom when there is NOTHING else out there!

Thumbnail by Betja
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I think you are correct. Thank you so much. This is the third year and the first rebloom on this one. I have another getting ready to bloom, right next to Fall Rerun.

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

It is rebloom season here. This is Autumn Circus (TB-RE Hager '90), Total Recall (light yellow) (TB-RE Hager '92) , and Blatant (bi-color) (TB-RE Byer's '89).

Thumbnail by Pegwesttx
Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

Close up of Blatant. This is the first time in the 7 years that I've had it that it has rebloomed! It's about time. I moved it and I guess it has found it's happy spot. I know I'm thrilled. :-))

Thumbnail by Pegwesttx
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

A rebloomer is such a wonderful surprise. You are wandering around your garden and then all of a sudden in front of you is this beautiful surprise. Thanks for sharing.

Winnsboro, TX

Exactly Sharon. It amazes me when I'm out walking around and I happen upon something blooming that I didn't see a few days ago. Those reblooming irises sneak up on you and wal la all of a sudden their blooming. Thanks for you and Peg sharing your photos with us. Just Lovely if I do say so myself.
Marian

I have a rebloomer that never ceases to amaze me. I'm quite sure it's Harvest of Memories. She's tall, and branched and fragrant AND she just started blooming again all over the yard.... My camera is kaput, so I can't take pictures, but this is a very useful iris. She's far from my favorite iris (I'm more inclined towards the more old fashioned ones), but she is very worthy of her keep....

Susan

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Have a white one reblooming and two other trying cold a noc!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.