Anyone GOT SPOTS (2009 introduction)? Mishap disaster

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi, it's been some time since I've been here on Dave's (becoming so busy w/ hybridizing & other concerns). I see a good friend of mine, Naomi, has brought this to your attention.

I have a request: GOT SPOTS is an iris I introduced in 1009 through Nola's Iris Garden. Unfortunately There was a mis-hap at the garden and ALL of this variety were lost. Before the loss SOME of them were sold. If anyone here should be growing it, or know someone who is, please let me know. I kept none myself, but now wish I ...did. Maybe someone can locate just one so I can have/purchase one for my own safe keeping. Thank you.

~ Margie ^_^

South Hamilton, MA

Hope you find it, Marge. I know that you are short on space, but I keep at least one of our intros. as back up.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

thank you Lucy!!! ^_^

Gosh, I see your name and remember all the nice chats we had when I was on here often. How I wish I could be in 10 places at once and still get my work done. :-)

In most cases I do keep my intros (at least one), but there were only a few in 2009 that I did not. And wouldn't you know.....2 of them were ones that may never be on the market again. :-( On The positive side - guess I'll just have to keep on making crosses, and introducing even better ones. :-) (as long as I'm physically able to)

{{Hugs}} ~ Margie

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

oops! I hope I didn't step on any toes....just wanted to help... &:-)

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

No toes stepped on. ^_^ You have only helped me beautifully, Naomi. I had not even thought of searching for it among friends here, not until Louise Diaz on Facebook mentioned that one of my friends is helping me find it on DG. I was touched.........how thoughtful Naomi. Thank you. :-) Hopefully maybe someone here can give me a lead to one that's out there somewhere. I have my fingers crossed. :-)

South Hamilton, MA

We always keep making crosses. You see a plant & wonder 'what if' & on we go, even though we are cutting back, not seedlings (amazing).

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Lucy, you are so right about the "What if". LOL Again this year I too am cutting back on named varieties, but not the seedlings (either). There is something special about "seedlings"..........part of it may be that there isn't another one like it on the planet.

Is there a link you can direct me to so I can see photos of some of your seedlings?

South Hamilton, MA

I'm not fancy enough to have a site but here are a couple--AB & a sibling next post

Thumbnail by irisMA
South Hamilton, MA

Couldn't post it at first

Thumbnail by irisMA
Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm sure you've already checked this, but if Nola's keep their orders on computer, they should be able to do a search and find out name & address of who bought it.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Lucy, I like both of those. The blending of the red onto the yellow (on the falls) really appeals to me! :-) Were both parents AB's?

Hi Neil......thank you for your comment - - it's so appreciated. I wrote and asked and hope to hear an answer soon. :-)

South Hamilton, MA

No it's 'Smart' (SDB) X Zezura. OGB are questionally hardy here which is why we have to go into the quarter breds.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oh wow................that's cool. Zezura grows well here too. Now SDB's are another story. They'll grow but never bloom. Not enough cold weather for them here.

I personally have some AB x TB seedlings that I'm hoping will bloom for me (for the first time) this coming spring. We'll see how that turns out. I hope they end up being as pretty and having nice markings as yours do. ^_^

South Hamilton, MA

Thank you for the complement. Zezura is lovely & we no longer have it as the OGB only last here for a couple of years.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.