Its not the same on here without Haystack

Bridgewater, ME

I sure miss Hay telling his stories and getting info from him,he helped me the most when I first started rasing my chicks 2 years ago,whenever I had a problem I would Dmail him and he was so kind and helpfull,I wish he would come back.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Where is he? I miss him too.

Richmond, TX

I think he got mad at his internet provider and fired them.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

I swear if groceries keep going up no one will be able to eat.
Hopefully Hay will find a cheaper provider soon

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

Me too. I wish he would come back. We miss him.

(Zone 6b)

Yes, he is a wonderful man. He was upset with some things going on with new owners of DG. Maybe he'll see this and let us know where he spends his time online now.

Lodi, United States

I don't think he is on-line currently....he voted with his pocketbook when Comcast raised his rates, so he doesn't have internet access anymore.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

That stinks. I miss him. I hope he goes to the library and checks in every now and again.

Richmond, TX

You know who else is sadly missing is Miss Jestr. Does anyone know what happened to her?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

She is on my FB page. She still posts a bit but not like she did here.

Bridgewater, ME

I was going back over some old posts and wondered where these peaple went to?Miss Jester,Gwendalou,Greenhouse_gal, Modene,harmonyplace,Are they still around or when we had to start paying they didn`t or couldn`t come back?

Lodi, United States

Harmonyplace did leave. Greenhouse_gal is still here. MissJestr is more active on FB. I don't know about the others

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Gwendalou is usually over on the Pacific Northwest Gardening forum. Harmonyplace went over to BYC, I think she goes by featheredwings.

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

MissJestr says her account got messed up, then suspended by DG. She will try it again soon to see if she can get on. She's really busy this week with fair activities so it may not be this week.

Richmond, TX

Tell her we miss her.

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

I will do that.

Also, someone, I don't recall whom right now, is friends with Haystack's sister on facebook. I know it's one of the people that used to be here, I will have to look and find out who it is.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Here I am. Didn't realize Hay was gone. :(

My goofy chickens are laying less since the days got longer. They laid like crazy all winter.

My young niece and nephew were here terrozing them for a while. By the last day of their brief visit, we had our first day of zero eggs! LOL They started laying again the next day. But I'm still only getting 3 or 4 eggs a day out of 7 chicks.

Bridgewater, ME

Glad to hear from you.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I'm only getting 2 or 3 a day. Mine are molting.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Mine are molting too. There are feathers everywhere. There have been 1 or 2 or 3 molting most of the summer.

Richmond, TX

So far only my Jersey Giants are molting - but that's quite enough; it looks like someone tore up a feather-filled comforter in the barnyard.

Bridgewater, ME

The inside of my coop looks like a feather bed

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Mine are actually laying pretty well, and the new pullets are about to be integrated in with the older hens. I'm hoping it won't be mayhem.

FB just doesn't do it for me. There's a small group over there of chicken fanatics but they don't really post much. DG is just much more comfortable for me, like a cherished pair of worn-in shoes!!

Green, I've been a paying subscriber for a while, so that wasn't an issue. I do miss Hay, though!

Bridgewater, ME

I love it here,I go to byc to but this place is like home.I miss hay to.Put four new bo`s in with the established flock in the coop tonight,hope they make out ok,will get up with the sun in the morning to make sure noone is being picked on.They have been in the same run togather for a week now and have been spending there nights in a potatoe barrel,but tonight its going down in the low 30s so they needed to be inside with the others,will turn barrel around tomorow so they can`t get in it and maybe go to the coop on there own if not dh and I will put them in untill they go in on there own.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hi friends, Im back !!! missed everyone ...couldnt stand not being here .. soooo a sweet friend talked me back over!!!! WE miss Hay Too!!! Last I heard from him ..he was moving to Tennessee and wasnt about to fight His Internet carrier any longer! I am also fighting with my Provider for sloppy service and ssssslooooooooow dial up! Oh well "nuff on off subject

Lodi, United States

Hi, Eufaula!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Heeeeeeeyy, Cat!!! So nice to hear from my old Buddies!

This place is addictive - it's hard to kick the habit!

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Moving to Tennesse???? What will he do with all his chickens? He had such a nice set-up - can't believe he's willing to leave it!

Richmond, TX

Welcome back Eufaula!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Yaaaay!!!! Yahoo!! the gang is still here and getting better and better!!!! Heey PorkPal!!!
Here are my new pair of Blue Cochin Banties.......Uhmmmm..Dont you think she may be a Lavender??? What ya think!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Thank You Kindly... I am a rather proud Mama !!

Denver, CO

I've only been here a little over a year, buy I really miss Haystack too!

We've had computer repair guys, furnace installers, plumbers, and electricians, here all week. They all think my lovely girls are roosters. One of them, I actually had to show an egg. They are RIR's, with very large combs, very friendly, and one, Claire, even has a curved rooster type tail, lol. She's moulting too, so no ostrich size eggs for a while.

Come back Hay!!!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

They sure are pretty.

Hay is moving to TN? That is suprising. I'm sure lots of his chickens will be going with him. They are small so he'll be able to fit lots of them in his suitcase. LOL Maybe he'll have better internet service on the east side of the country. Hope i can actually get to a RU and meet him.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Guess who is back????

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Or maybe you might know this side of him... the polite side

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Richmond, TX

It's great to have you both back. I've missed reading about all the things going on with Billy and your livestock.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Mercy! Billy is growing like a weed. Gotta love that Chief. How did the fair go?

Welcome back, MissJestr! Good to see your "face" again!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.