growing under pecan trees???

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

Does anyone grow azaleas or hydrangeas under pecan trees??? I have 2 mature pecan trees, minus some bottom limbs that were damaged when we built our house, that I would like to put some shrubs under. They will get sun about half of the day, depending on where we plant them. Not having had pecan trees at any of our previous homes I was just wondering if things grew under them ok.

libby

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Sorry Libby I can't help. Good to hear from you. When are you going to start a thread with your new house and beds? We are waiting. LOL

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

I was going to last week and started looking for my pictures I had stored on my computer - and couldn't find them !!! Of course my hubby says it is because I am having to scan thru the 20,000 I've taken ! ( an exagerration, but still....) I am going to find them and will get them posted for sure !

Windom, TX

I am most interested in a reply to this. I have tried to grow ferns under 2 pecans
on the NE side of a tall house in zone 7B. The soil is bad and I am not having
much success. The wood ferns seem to do the best but even they are nothing to
brag about. This has been a struggle for 4 years at least. Hostas do okay in containers but I would like a permenaent perrenial garden under the trees. I just
planted some columbine seeds and am crossing my fingers. The best things so far has been pentsemon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.