Morning Glories 2010 #19

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

The large light blue has given me 6 pods so far that are ripe, I am very pleased.
I agree with Jackie and Becky, Helena and Dany have some awesome blooms every year, but so does Becky and Jackie and everyone.. aren't morning glory's just the best!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, Becky and Debra. I think you ladies have grown some amazing mgs havens!! I'm going to work harder on mine next year.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Westmoreland, TN(Zone 7a)

everyone grow some amazing morning glories i love the show of all the different blooms each year.
it only makes me want to grow more each time i see the beautiful flowers you all get from your vines.
Dose someone know what the name of this bloom is its the first time growing it for me and it came from Ronnie i think i didn't tag it but i got a bunch from her so i think its hers.

Thumbnail by rh3708

here is a small light blue bloom i have no id for as well got it off the side of the road.
I just love the tiny blooms on it.

Thumbnail by rh3708
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena, that is the most dazzling shade of blue,
I love it.
Robbie, love your bloom from Ronnie. I don't know about your
small bloom. The bloom pattern tells me it is most likely a purpurea

Silver Shadows

Thumbnail by patootie

Robbie, I love your blooms as well. I am glad you like morning glories. We will have to keep you going in more seeds.

Thank You Debra,
I do love them more than any other plant i grow.
And love to grow new ones as much as i can.

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Helena, Robbie, and Jackie - Lovely bloom photos! Gotta love those amazing colors!!!

Jackie - Your Fuji no Sora cross has outdone itself! I am trying desperately to get seeds from it! (It's not cooperating! But did have a lot of pollen in the flowers today! So ...)

This one just knocks my socks off! Thanks for sharing the seed to this one with me! I have truly enjoyed it!!1

Thumbnail by beckygardener

Close-ups of a couple of the blooms. Beautiful cross, Jackie!! None of my other vines are blooming. I think the rust has done a job on them all! Oh well ... I'll enjoy my grow station indoors instead! :-)

Another one from the same vine! Love it! ♥

Beautiful, Becky.. ;)
I really love that last bloom.

FINALLY, A REAL Flying Saucer..

Thumbnail by joeswife

I am really satisfied..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Here is one of the Alba moonvines.

Thumbnail by joeswife

This is a sunflower and a vine climbing it.. it is growing sideways now..

Thumbnail by joeswife

I wish I could have gotten a better shot of this, it was really dark outside, I had to be in at 7 am this morning..

Thumbnail by joeswife

This is the other sunflower..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks, Debra!

Your MG blooms with the Sunflowers are quite striking! Your FS are quite beautiful! And I love your I. alba! Beautiful! All of them!

Becky the blooms from the cross are just amazing.
Did this one bloom on the same vine?
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8105287
It's a beauty.

Nice blooms Debra.

George Strait

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Wow beautiful blooms Robbie, Jackie, Debra and Becky!!!! I like them all and so nice to see so many this late in the season.

A new one for me, Becky's Diluted Fuji no Murasaki!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

A beautiful bloom Helena, I love the Diluted.

Thank You girls and i love all the blooms you've all posted thanks for sharing them with us.

Thumbnail by rh3708

Jackie and Helena - Beautiful blue blooms! Love those deep colors!

Robbie - Nice star pattern on yours!

Oops! I forgot to answer your question, Jackie...

Yes! This bloom http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8105287 came from the same vine from your seed! Love it!!!♥♥♥

Becky, a very special vine throwing all those different looks.
I love it too. :-) That particular bloom is drop dead gorgeous. Did you
mark that bloom? lol
Love the colors in your bloom Robbie.

Gorgeous blooms, Jackie , Helen and Robbie. They are all so beautiful.. Morning Glorys just seem to brighten our day, don't you think?

Yes Debra they give me great joy every morning and i can hardly Waite to see what I'm gonna get the next morning.

Here's one i didn't get a very good pic of yesterday but i love the color of it.

Thumbnail by rh3708

And here it is as the day got warmer,...pretty and huge.

Thumbnail by rh3708

Great colors Robbie

To the new thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1129422

Oh Robbie, before we go I have to compliment you on that bloom. It is gorgeous!

Robbie - Very pretty large bloom!

Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

I was getting tired of all the look-alike mg pics until that giant showed up! Hey Robbie, did you prune or pinch the vine to get it to pop a big one?

I didnt do a thing to it that was the first bloom it gave me and all the rest have been the same size.
I love it when my vines give me such huge blooms its great.

Robbie - Some vine cultivars just produce those huge blooms! Almost like soup bowl size!

John - Sorry some of us are boring you with our bloom photos from the same cultivars. I don't know about anyone else, but I am sure enjoying them regardless of whether the different bloom photos are from the same vine or not. What do you have growing and blooming currently? I'd love to see some of yours!

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

Not much doing right now Becky, we've a strong typhoon coming straight at us due to hit at the weekend! I wonder if i'll have anything left after that. Oh, the joys of gardening.

Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

mg bush with one bloom but a fist-full of buds.

Thumbnail by ApopkaJohn

Jon - Oh dear! I will have to check and see what the path is of your typhoon! I hope it does NOT come too close to you and does NOT any damage to your home or community! So sorry to be reading your weekend weather challenge. PLEASE stay safe! I truly feel for you! That is one of my worst weather fears. So far this year, we have been extremely fortunate.

John - Pretty bloom! You might want to read this thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1127131/

lovely bloom John

Thanks for the info Becky i didnt know that some of them give such big blooms,...nice to know.

Mesilla Park, NM

Lovey bloom John, it looks the same as it did last year and the year before, but, I could never get tired of the same ole photos, good job ...just keep on posting those babies.

I had three seedlings of I carnea from seeds grown thru winter, I gave them away. I am never doing that again..
Yours is awesome!

Mesilla Park, NM

Joe'swife, they germinate rather easily and grow fast, so you can start some really quick and have them blooming by summer.

I agree, they are awesome, more pics...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.