Morning Glories 2010 #19

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1125752

Gray Fog

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie.

My first gray bloom this morning, sorry it's not a very good picture.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A blue no id.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Purple from Dany!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty blooms Helena.

Thumbnail by patootie
Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

here are some of mine I take pictures daily!

Thumbnail by pensacolagarden

Speckled Tri-lobed

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie and Pensacolagarden!! (sorry error on spelling)

From Karen 2005-Denim pale blue mix

This message was edited Sep 9, 2010 2:13 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Black King.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Shibori x gray lady, seed from Becky, thanks Becky!!!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Pink & white stripes.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

Nice blooms guys! Here's some of mine today

Thumbnail by Jiny
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

WOW!!! Some amazing blooms y'all are getting!! Mine aren't doing so well with the rust and the rain. So I will just enjoy everyone else's blooms!

I've done something really off the wall ... I sowed about 60 seeds in 8 oz. styrofoam cups and they are all sprouting! I have no idea how I am going to grow that many indoors. I need some grow lights! LOL! What was I thinking when I did that??? Heaven only knows! LOL! Must have had a senior moment or something! LOL!

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

The Black King is beautiful. Night Blooming Cereus is blooming tonight.

Great blooms Helena. Black King is a knock out. Love' Becky;s
Shibori x Gray Lady that you're growing Helena
Beautiful blooms Jon.

This message was edited Sep 10, 2010 1:32 PM

My Purple Sun Smiles has made a few 5 inch blooms. Unbelievable.
This one today is a 4 inch bloom.

Thumbnail by patootie

Striped Saz with 3 blooms today.

Thumbnail by patootie
Mesilla Park, NM

Black King is so far the darkest flower I've seen.. just spectacular..

Jackie, I can't for the life of me get into growing the Sun Smiles, some are so pretty. I'm getting some very small seedlings, that are staying small this fall.

Here is a reseeder NOID probably, it was in a pot from last year's growout and the label inside the pot was Rose Silk x Fuji Shibori, but if it is that, it has to be F3 seeds, this is the pot that I grew F2 seeds in.
sideview

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

photo 2

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Photo 3

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Photo 4

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

photo 5, as of noon, this flower was more gray than brown... you never know what color it will end up being.. I've taken a couple more photos and had brought the pot indoors two days ago, so it is cool and still open as of 2:40 PM.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Another NOID, which may be either Chachamaru or Chocolate picotee, don't know, it was also a reseed I found outside two days ago.. it is about three inches tall and has three buds on it..lol there are more that reseeded but they are in the ground and short as anything too.. also with buds. Hopefully this will open tomorrow or the following day.

Photo with my index finger for size

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Jon you have a lot of flowers..they make a nice view, very nice..which one is that one with the streaks.

Becky, things will get better, you go girl..

Helena, I agree with Jackie, black king is a knockout, so is Becky's cross Shibori x Gray Lady.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I agree..with what you said A. Jons flowers are gorgeous, and I love all my sunsmiles, they are kicking out blooms in all the colors..
I loved the Shibori x Gray Lady.she sent me, and I loved the blooms, and it is still blooming for me even after I cut it away from the main corner vine barrel...
Black King is on my want list now..

Thumbnail by joeswife
(Zone 7a)

lots of gorgeous mgs here, thank you all

Jon, looks like enough well-clothed vines to keep Lady Godiva out of any Puritan stocks - the cascade of mg flowers might have been too sinfully gorgeous for them, though. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8089850

And I really love seeing those crosses that include parents with that dusky gene, like:

-- Gourd's Rose Silk x Fuji Shibori F3 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8091245

-- Debra's Shibori x Gray Lady from Becky - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8092162

(to newbies - Rose Silk and Gray Lady have the dusky gene. Either the DG search feature or google should help, if you'd like to see what that's about - Gourd, wanna chime in?)

Gautier, MS

Great looking blooms and vines Jon.

I like that Saz of yours Jackie and can't ask 4anything better than 4" blooms.

I love that color of pink Antoinette, very nice looking blooms!

Very nice bloom too Debra!!

Yeah, I'm enjoying Dany Black King blooms too!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

And this one!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Asagao bloom from Japan.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

This new one from late 2007 or 2008 trade bright pink bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

I love these huge blooms from Pink Silk.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh Helen, that Rose Silk is so fragile looking.. it looks like porcelain. So nice to see it, thank you. I have never heard of it.

Well, this is the thread to keep an eye on! I can't believe all the amazing blooms everyone got this year! What a great year it has been for MGs!!! Y'all rock!

Helena - Your vines have put on a real show for us this year! Thank you for sharing them with us!

Jackie - Boy! Did you ever get some unusual blooms this year! One of these days, you are going to have to try crossing some of those beauties! The Open Pollination has done a few for you, but I would love to get my paint brush around some of your vines! LOL! Aren't you glad I don't live near you? LOL!

Debra - Another fabulous year for your garden! I think you manage to top yourself each year! I can't wait to see your garden next year! And I am looking forward to the blooms you post as this year winds down! You've got some green thumbs and fingers!! Keep up the good work!

Antoinette - Love those shots of that beauty in the above posts. So glad that you are getting back into growing MGs! The crosses that I have received from you have been outstanding! I hope you cross many, many more! It is always a surprise and delight to see the daily blooms from those special vines! Thank you for sharing with me!

James and everyone else - I hope to see lots of wonderful bloom photos as this year winds down as well as next year! Every new year brings the anticipation of something new!

This message was edited Sep 11, 2010 2:16 PM

Gorgeous blooms Helena. The hot pink looks something like the Youjiro
aka Rosita. The Pink Silk is a beauty
A love that unusual color.
I bought both of those Sun Smiles already established.
For some reason I never start these from sd either. I bet
these would make a beautiful display if I planted 3 or 4 to a large pot.
I would love to try that next yr to see if it would save me some work.
Debra, love that soft pink.

My spinach substitute, Basella rubra, taking over the g house
Becky, I wish you would come on over and help me. lol

Thumbnail by patootie

George Strait opened today. I had lost 2/3 of this vine so took a while
to grow out enough to bloom. It was worth waiting for. Thanks Emma

Thumbnail by patootie

Becky sent me the Keiryu sds. Made this beautiful bloom today.
Thanks Becky.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra, I have vines of Pink Silk both have heart shaped veriegated leaves but the bloom above seem that the leaves are bigger!

Thanks Becky, I loved your beautiful blooms too. I used my little paint brush on Black King today, fingers crossed!!

Jackie, thanks. Your blooms have been great this year too. I can't believe that you guessed the name of Youjiro aka Rosita. I had 4 left seeds that I sowed from a trade. They don't seem to be the same Rosita that was on sale on ebay not too long ago so I hesitated to write the name. I do like it and it does remind me of Beckys LYK though!!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

You're welcome Helena. My Rosita's always looked like your blooms.
One of my favorites Even though the bloom is small, it packs a powerful punch.

Becky, I am so confused. Is this LYK or Yaguruma blizzard?

Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie - Beautiful blooms! Your last bloom has the leaves of LYK, but the bloom is apparently a cross with http://davesgarden.com/community/blogs/t/beckygardener/9406/! That's pretty cool!

Keiryu is still one of my top 10 favorites because of that color of blue! Yours is very nice!!♥

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.