seen at Ocean State Job Lots in Westerly Rhode Island

Norwalk, CT(Zone 6b)

We stopped on our way back to CT this morning--and had the car packed so tightly with my son and his friend and our camping gear that I had no room...but I saw something I really craved--and wanted to let you know in case you could take advantage of this--beautiful terracotta planters from Italy--I think they were $10-$15. They were lovely.
Best, Tamar

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the heads-up!

Thomaston, CT

Yes, they are lovely....saw them about a month ago.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

They are a great place to buy reasonable pots and planters! I saw some huge ceramic planter/pots earlier in the summer just like those I spent $$$$ in Florida to grow my veggies in. They were a fraction of what I paid.

Thomaston, CT

I bought a ceramic one......made in Vietnam....love the color, & it's keeping my lemon tree looking nice!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

What color is yours, Marilyn?

Thomaston, CT

A nice shade of blue......

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

I bought quite a few planters there this summer....really great prices on those pots. The selection was much better early in the season so I will be on the lookout next spring. Though God knows where I'm gonna store the ones I bought this year!

Years ago I bought some chocolate brown terracotta pots that were sold at Kmart from the Martha Stewart line. I like the way they grew a mossy patina. Well, I haven't seen them since, and I wanted more, so I bought some of the terra cotta ones at Ocean State and colored them brown using watered down acrylic paint. ( The natural terra cotta color doesn't appeal to me as much). Then I went crazy and actually faux painted on the mossy patina, lol. I think they look pretty good, if I do say so myself! I'll try to post pics later. They were nice in their natural state as well, I just like a darker color with my plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.