mosaic on plastic bird bath

Thousand Oaks, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi, I've been keeping this old ugly bird bath for ages as I had nothing to replace it with. The bowl is rather flimsy, meaning if I put a hand on each side of it and I can bend it, slightly. So I'm not sure it is strong enough for grout and etc. It also has a round raised area in middle, originally from K-Mart for 10 bucks or so... that's how old it is! I found this site, and was wondering if I could mosaic it. If so 1) what do I use for grout, and 2) what do I seal it with that will not hurt the birds? Oh yea, I thinking of smashing up a bunch of plates to use. Thanks for any help/guidance/suggestions....my mind is a total blank.

The mosaics I've seen on this site are just fantastic. You are all a very talented, creative group. The mirror lady was awesome, I would never have thought of that - or even tried it for that matter!

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!