Two more new ones for 2011.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Check out this video from the guy who brought us 'Hot Papaya'.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pandelong
I think I will have to kill more grass. ^_^

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Nice. Thanks for the link.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Your welcome. I am very much looking forward to the new ones for spring 2011 and beyond. Looks like there will be many to choose from once again. I really like the new doubles they are developing, both for the blooms and vigor of the plants.

Chattanooga, TN(Zone 7b)

I can't wait to see which ones will perform well in our hot and humid climate. more of the new varieties have tennessiensis in their lineage and I have high hopes for more consistency in color and habit across zones.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I look forward to these too. My 'Hot Papaya' plants are blooming pink right now! LOL. I guess the new blooms are pink this time of year on that one.

I hope you're right Belle. Color consistency would be great. Still getting bright red "Hot Papaya" blooms down here. Makes me wonder why you're getting pink coloration Clint. LOL At least I've been forewarned in case it starts to happen.

Chattanooga, TN(Zone 7b)

bright red hot papayas here.
i showed the pictures to the breeder at the trade show and they half thought i had manipulated the color.

sure wish that 'night temps in the 50's' would come around soon. it's been forecast for days now and we have not dropped below 73 yet. i have so many new hellebore coming in, might have to add AC to the greenhouse if we do not get relief imminently.

I just wish it would drop into the 60's at night. That will happened in late October. The weather finally begins changing at that time every year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.