Echinacea 'Jupiter'

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Have any of you seen this one?

"NEW! ECHINACEA Jupiter (‘Jacob Lewis’) (USPPAF)

The newest addition to the Big Sky™ series. Famous for its large flowers, Jupiter is very floriferous with a brighter and deeper rosy-orange flower color than Summer Sky™"

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac

Here's a better photo I found...

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac
Lake Stevens, WA

That is nice! When will that come out? I lost my sunset and would like to replace but I believe it has been discontinued.

I think this one will be available next spring. I will try to find out.

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Very nice. I guess we can add echinaceas "Satin Nights" & "Quills & Thrills" to the list of "ones to look for".

I can't keep up.

I can't either. There are so many new ones. I think I better be a bit more selective and focus on the new ones that are truly unique/different from all the others or I'll be broke!!! "Hot Papaya" and "Marmalade" stand out to me for the 2010 releases because they're something we haven't seen before.

I ordered 'Strawberry Shortcake' today. Santa Rosa Gardens has them in. I can't wait to get that one going!

Agreed. Ordered two of them myself along with Columbine "Swan Pink & Yellow" The uniqueness of that echinacea caught my attention last year. Saw a "Swan Pink & Yellow" Columbine plant up North this summer and it was a beautiful looking plant.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

That is another pretty one emaniac. No new ones for me until the spring orders. Hoping that the yellow double might show up some place too. I agree that Marmalade and Hot Papaya look like the best new ones from this year. I have a few that did not bloom this year more than one bloom, so if they return I will see how they are after getting settled in.

I have to say 'Flame Thrower' was another one I really liked. It was covered with blooms. Every single one survived the flood and the winter last year. It's unique as well. I consider it one of the best of the bunch!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I would have to agree with that if they return next spring. I did not let them bloom much this first season. Also would have to add 'Tangerine Dream' and 'Summer Sun' to the "have good potential" list.

Lake Stevens, WA

'Strawberry Shortcake' Yes! I have been wating for this one! will order soon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.