I made the plunge.... a new machine

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

After debating back and forth and waiting, I decided to purchase a Juki TL-98 Q this weekend. It is on order and should be in Wed. I had gotten a walking foot for my SInger 3800 as I have been having issues handling the quilt while quilting (SID) in that the dogs weren't seeming strong enough to handle the sandwhich well and I was finding it awkward to keep on a straight line. The walking foot helps a great deal, but I'm still having to support the quilt to allow it to feed through more easily. That was OK with the lap Q that I was working on this weekend, but I still didn't feel comfortable with trying the full sized quilt that I have backed and pinned and awaiting quilting for about a month now. So I broke down and made the purchase.

It has a knee arm for the presser foot, automatic needle threader, auto bobbin winder, sissor built in and six feet that come with it, including a walker. The design is industial strength, including the dogs, but it's still portable. It also has a removable extension arm, a switch to disengage the dogs and thread tension adjuster. I'm psyched!!!!

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!