Pfaff Machine

Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL(Zone 9a)

I went to an auction last night and up for auction went a Pfaff sewing machine, with an old old case, the case has wood corners in it! I figured it wasn't worth much, wouldn't sew , etc.,,,but the bid was $5.00. I bid , no one else bid against me and I got it! I figured what the heck! I can take it the shop and see if it can be adjusted, etc, oiled, cleaned, whatever it would take to get it to sew. It's all metal! heavy too!
Just a bit ago, I got the nerve to try to thread it and see how bad it sews. I was shocked! It sews a stitch as good as any I have here! and quiet! oh my gosh, it's quiet!
did I get a good deal or what?! the serial number starts with 118 and I've tried to find out what year, but this machine surely cannot be from 1910. That's the only year I found for this particular serial number. It's electric, has a light, and even a drop arm for circular sewing! I am a happy camper.
does anyone know anything about Pfaff machines?

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!