Hillbilly Flower Pot #2

McMinnville, TN

I'm sure everybody knows about this tub that my egg gourds are growing in-right! When we were little with no indoor plumbing in our house we all took a bath every Sat. or Sun. (yeap just 1 bath a week) and the same water was used for everyone (I never got to go 1st). When I turned 11 my daddy got a better paying job, we got indoor plumbing and a telephone-we was in hog heaven! Then a bathroom was installed in the house and in the basement (my daddy hand dug the basement with a pick and shovel and poured the concrete floor in 4 ft. squares and yes we helped) then we used the cast iron tub with claw feet to take our baths when ever we wanted in the basement. The bathtub in the house was very seldom used then, but now my daddy uses it with my help since he has cancer.
Hope ya'll enjoy the picture!

This message was edited Aug 28, 2010 3:56 PM

Thumbnail by BoopsieTN
This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!