We were here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1124184

Weird Saz Purple mutated last week

Thumbnail by patootie
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Today it made this bloom, looks like a painting

Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh Jackie it is so neat!> I love the stripes and splashes all in the same bloom. That color block is awesome.

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Jackie - WOWEEE!!! This one is amazing!!! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8067341 Is it on the weird Saz vine? What a cool looking bloom! That weird Saz has some unique genes in it!

Thanks Debra and Becky. Becky, yes that bloom was also on the Purple Weird Saz just yesterday. I've learned to expect the unexpected with that one

Very, very desirable vine, Jackie! I love vines like that ! You got a winner there for sure!!! ♥

Here is your F2 from the Fuji no Sora cross. This one is performing like a champ, Jackie!!! Love it! ♥♥

Thumbnail by beckygardener

This is the first year I have grown Flying Saucers! Well, let me tell you ... it gets high marks in my book. I am getting a kick out of the boxie shaped blooms. Out of all the blooms, only one so far has been round. LOL!

Hanablue ... such a fun bloomer!

Block color Flying Saucer bloom. Love it!

Wisteria Girl from Darren has been making these almost double looking blooms. Tightly wrapped with throat flags. Pretty cool looking. Almost like peonies!

This one should be named "The Big Bang"! It looks like a star is born! LOL! This is the usual Hanablue.

Plum Shadows variant bloom.

Oops that was a repeat photo of Hanablue. This is Plum Shadows mutant bloom.

Japanese mixed NOID. Throat flag must've attracted the attention of this bee who came in for a perfect landing ... ;-)

This message was edited Aug 29, 2010 9:50 PM

This is the more typical Plum Shadows bloom on my vine.

Mesilla Park, NM

Jackie, that weird Saz has morphed dramatically from the original Sazanami... very nice, be sure to tag the flower in the second photo and keep it separate, that would make a nice one to try to get to grow true.

Becky, I've got some a few more seeds from this cross Hannafubuki x Blue Tie Dye that I'll be sending out.. it will be interesting to see what those will produce. More surprises I hope. I expected the blizzard to show up somewhere, but didn't think about the color, I like what came out. Also, we know the parentage which makes them more unique than just op's.

Darren's wisteria girl has a strong solid color also, hopefully he gets seeds from this one, you can see the edge is very subtle on it, no wide margin here.

A.

Dany's NOIDs blooming all over my fence!

Mesilla Park, NM

We just cross posted, boy, at first I thought, boy those look a lot alike..

I love those plum shadow colors in the throat, down the tube and those rich dark rays...

I have found some pretty unusual surprises in my MG vines ... lizards, wasp nests, even a small rat, but this snake was the biggest surprise of all! He was hanging out in my Yellow Chinese Evening Glory vine waiting on dinner to arrive. The lizards love that vine! LOL! Well ... apparently this large black snake (black racer) has been paying attention! Din Din is ready! LOL!

A - Yeah ... wasn't paying attention and posted that one photo twice! LOL!

I agree with you about the colors on Plum Shadows! Love the fuchsia color in the throat! Looks like a volcano getting ready to errupt!

Thanks for sharing a few more seeds of your Hanablue! I love the bloom colors and patterns on that one! Striking indeedie!

Gautier, MS

Ohoooo, gorgeous blooms Jackie and Becky!!

Only one pic from me today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Becky, Your blooms are just amazing. The no sora cross looks great and
it's a large bloom too. Hope it makes lots of sds for you.
Crazy about your Flying Saucers. Mine threw out the boxed shaped blooms too. It's just a beautiful m glory, one of my favorites.
The Wisteria girl is a pretty bloom.
I like the Hannablue bloom too and the mutant Plum
Shadows.
Thanks A. I would love to see more of those blooms next yr.
Gorgeous pale blue Helena

This message was edited Aug 29, 2010 6:02 PM

Thumbnail by patootie

Thanks Helena & Jackie!

Helena - That's neat that your light blue bloomer has heart shaped leaves! Variegated no less!!! Awesome!!!

Jackie - Those blue blizzards are so pretty! Gosh! I have so many favorites that it changes from photo to photo! LOL! Beautiful bloom! :-)

Alot of beauties here today.. I really love that snake it is cool.
weird Saz is a fun vine it seems.
here is my plum shadows..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Becky I like your Plum Shadows too Debra. Mine is different from yours
and Beckys. Amazing how they can be so variable

This message was edited Aug 31, 2010 12:00 AM

Thumbnail by patootie

Debra - Lovely bloom. And Jackie's too! Interesting how many different "appearances" that Plum Shadows has. Maybe that is just a generic name for plum colored blooms?

I don't know Becky, but just so happy that they do what they do.lol
My Purple Blizzard last yr did some weird stuff. I loved it
This pic though is Youjiro and Milky Way covering up my pandy bloom.
Next yr,I'm pulling all the purpurea sds, it's taking over.

Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie I hear ya on the I. purp, but I just keep them trimmed as much as I can. They seem to find a way to still put out blooms. Sure love that Youjiro, hope the vine I planted seeds of from you hurries up.. My milkyway hasn't budded yet. in fact alot of vines are still vining, will prolly have to bring them in if they don't hurry up.

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Neat that my 'Plum Shadows' is still around.
'Plum Shadows' is one of my crosses from 2005 that I shared will several folks in 2006 and after.
They all had a 'Rayed Star' pattern with a Blizzard gene
Here is one of the original blooms

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Another original bloom of 'Plum Shadows'

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Emma - I grew one of your Plum Shadows from seed several years ago. The one I am growing this year came from Antoinette and it doesn't appear to be the same. It's much larger and has the stripes as well as the rays. I think Plum Shadows has become the typical name for those purple rayed blooming vines. Some don't even have the rays, just a plum color. LOL!

This is a Plum Shadows bloom on a vine that I grew from seed from you 3 years ago. The color appears different than your photo above. I shared seeds with others and many folks just got plain plum colored blooms without the ray pattern. Some were small 3-4" blooms. So it was either crossed again or had recessive genes show up in future generations. The seeds from mine didn't come true, unfortunately.

It seems like all the blooms of Plum Shadows is different in my yard, but I like that. Tag from Emmas seeds seem to be producing larger blooms every day. This one here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8073709
is what I had this am.. the one I posted above is named Plum Delight from Emma.. I apologize for any confusion.
The Mauve Splash came from Becky, and there is a Henka from Becky about to bloom, I do not know what to expect.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, Hope you get to enjoy Youjiro blooms this summer. Once it blooms,
the sds develop pretty fast. Mine comes up every yr from the dropped sds from the summer before.
Emma, beautiful Plum Shadows blooms, yours too Becky.

Thumbnail by patootie

is that a dracula? what ever it is, I really like it!

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

whoo hoo The Floating Cloud bloomed this morning ! A little tattered but it had to get out from underneath the leaves. I'm excited to see how the other blooms turn out !
Patootie that is a cool bloom..and I love the "background" LOL...I have a Doge Pickemuptruck too ! 1997 4x4 that's still kicking strong !

Thumbnail by mjsponies
Gautier, MS

You all have gorgeous blooms that I am enjoying viewing!!

I had a nice surprise from a few new mgs this morning.
This is Karens Denim mix, pale blue & very light green.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A 2nd wind from Karens Purple Speckled, 2 pretty blooms. I had removed all the leaves with rust.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

A pink-mauve rayed bloom. Sometimes these cameras just don't give the right color!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

I like this neat little bloom from Plum Surprise of 2008 seed.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Pres. Bush blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.