Seed Swap

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Does anyone want to participate in an Echinacea seed swap?

I have seeds of:

Echinacea angustifolia (true from seed)
Echinacea tennesseensis (true from seed)
Echinacea 'Hot Papaya'
Echinacea 'Flame Thrower'
Echinacea 'Tomato Soup'
Echinacea pallida (true from seed)
Echinacea 'Fragrant Angel'
Echinacea 'Pink Double Delight'

Some of these won't come true from seeds, but I know you can get some nice plants from them anyways! It's always fun to see what you'll get. If you want to participate, list what seeds you have here.

Lake Stevens, WA

That would be fun but, I have not saved seed. Will try this year. Most of my pants are just in there 2nd year. Many others in the first year and I have been clipping flowers so they will make bigger plants.

Elba, NY(Zone 6a)

I would love a few pallida. All I have is White Swan and purple though. Guarantee you don't need those :O)

Hamilton, OH

I have collected all the seed heads off my ech 'Hula Dancer'. Do a search to see the images. They look like white pallidas... smaller plant though.

The yellow finches have been going to town, but there still some seed left. The only other flowers in bloom at the same time were the standard pallida and paradoxa. So there is a chance to get an odd cross. let me know who wants any and I can divide them up.

I want some 'Hula Dancer' seeds! Let me know what you want in return. Thanks!

This message was edited Aug 30, 2010 2:27 PM

Hamilton, OH

You are already on the list.

let me collect the seed out.. in return how about the Echinacea tennesseensis

Lindenhurst, NY

HI, i would like to join.

I have some:

White swan
Flame thrower
Tomato soup
and one other orangey one i have to go read the tag name
and only a few seeds of ruby giant (or is it giant ruby?)

Edited to say: Also have: Tangerine Dreams

This message was edited Sep 6, 2010 7:39 PM

Lake Stevens, WA

I have Green Envy that I am letting go to seed. Do you just let the cones dry on the plant or cut and dry in the house. Instuctions please if you have time. This is a 2nd year plant so this will not zap the energy from the plant right?

Greenbush, MI(Zone 4b)

I haven't been on here for a while, but I'm glad I checked this site. If your Echinacea swap is still on, I'd like to get into it,

My Echinacea: "White Swan"; "Pow Wow Wild Berry"; "Bright Star"; "Maxima Pink"; "Magnum"; " "Primadonna Deep Rose"; "Black Samson"; "Pink Parasol"; "Starlight"; "Green Envy"; " Pixie Meadow Brite"; "Harvest Moon"; "Sunset"; "Simulata"; "Bravado"; "Little Giant"; "Meringue"(spelling ?); "Prairie Splendor"; "Fatal Attraction"; "Coconut Lime";" Tennesseensis"; "Rocky Top"; "Brilliant Star"; Pink Double Delight"; "Doppeldanger"

I would be interested in anyone I don't have. I'm having a difficult time findinng seeds for "Tomato Soup"; "Hula Dancer"; "Hot Papaya"; "Flame Thrower", and; "Tangerine Dreams"

I hope to hear from some of you.

Let the seeds dry on the plant. I harvest mine after the stalk holding the seed head is no longer green.

Lake Stevens, WA

Ok, I will watch the seed heads and stems. You should know as you have great success with seeds.

Lindenhurst, NY

mascie -- don't worry i have seeds of 3 of the ones you are looking for so between me and the others you should get at least 3 you want.

Do you or anyone else have actual plants they would like to trade? My echi collection has just started, so my plants are too new to trade, but i've got lots of stuff like named daylilys, several types of bananas, vigna caracalla plant, amaryliss. If anyone wants to trade some starts of echinaceas that would be great.

Winnetka, CA

Hi there.... I would love to join the swap... just started growing 'Harvest Moon'.... (it's sooo pretty!!) I have one dried seed head that I've harvested and would be more than happy to share.... (another that should be ready within the next couple of weeks) I tried growing 'Tiki Torch' twice but lost it to the extreme heat we have here...

I'd love to have and grow:

Pow Wow Wild Berry
Tangerine Dreams
Flame Thrower
Meringue

If you'll have me I'd love to be part of the swap!

Nancy

Winnetka, CA

All.... I should have mentioned that I have harvested seeds from my garden (2010).... if anyone is interested... sorry - no starts or bulbs....

Lavender Breadseed poppies
Cinnamon Basil
Digitalis 'Hyacinth hybrid' - maybe 10-20 seeds... (see pic)
Double pink Hollyhocks - not sure what I have as I am still harvesting... maybe 50 seeds?

I am happy to share with anyone or to trade - as you wish....

BTW.... I should have mentioned ... I am also interested in the 'Fragrant Angel' echinacea...just beginning to appreciate the 'whites'... are they really fragrant?

Does anyone have seeds of Delphinium 'black eyed angels'?

Nancy

Thumbnail by NF2932
Greenbush, MI(Zone 4b)

Hi Everybody,

I know I'm a little late, but I'd like to join in on the trade.

I'm looking for: "Tangerine Dreams"; "Hot Papaya"; "Flame Thrower"; "Tomato Soup"; and, "Fragrant Angel"

Carol M.

p.s. I don't know if anyone is interested in the perennial Centaurea, but I have the new one "Aloha", very pretty with white petals trimmed in purple.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Sorry to join the discussion late, but I'm interested in trying some seeds, particularly from fragrant or intensely-colored varieties, as it seems like seeds could grow into some fun surprises. I'm afraid I don't have interesting echinaceas to trade, just the common E. purpurea. Let me know if you'd like anything else from my trade list.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.