CLOSED: It's almost time to sow Daturas !!!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

This seed offer is CLOSED . . . Thanks for playing!

A T B T Y !       ~       ŁazŁo     ;--)

This message was edited Oct 4, 2010 9:53 AM

Thumbnail by LazLo
Westmoreland, TN(Zone 7a)

sending you a dmail

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

You sow them now for next year?

JM

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

well down here at the Gates Of Hell, yes - - up there so deep in the freezer, i might wait until after the last frost or start them indoors . . . you might want to give a few seeds the winter sowing treatment there in Utica as well.

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

ahhhh gotcha....

is there a thread somewhere that might show everyones indoor growing space?

jm

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

looking at your want list now. will d-mail soon.

Pawleys Island, SC

Hi lazlo, I would love to trade for some of your datura seeds. Please check my list and let me know if I have any seeds that you need. Thanks
Ibartoo

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Hey Laz Love to see Your garden shots of these in your garden
here in Mich I Have to plant in spring out side after frost They DO NOT Like to be Moved.

I would like to find a Triple Yellow If anyone has any to share .

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Linda - I would love to add Peruvian Daffodil (Hymenocallis harrisiana) to the sunnier side of my shade garden! i can add a few root divisions for Tetrapanax papyrifer . . . if not the daffodils, then mayhaps the Wild Horses ??

This message was edited Aug 30, 2010 7:30 AM

Canyon Lake, TX(Zone 9b)

Hey, Lazlo, sorry but I forgot to dmail you about some of your seeds, and just sent you an envelope with some stamps in it. At the moment, I do not have any seeds to trade you except some horse crippler seeds, and esperandas. Thanks Krispi.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

no worries, Krispi . . . but if you have orange esperaza or black pearl pepper, let's talk some trading, alright? ~ Łaz

Thumbnail by LazLo
Canyon Lake, TX(Zone 9b)

Don, I do have the orange esperanzas and black pearl peppers, but none of them have bloomed yet! My yellow ones have been blooming, but not seeding yet. I had a drove of them this past year, but lost all of them in the freeze. I lost my purple Datura, and can not find any around here. I did find some pride of baradoes, and then a month ago my old ones came back, and starting to bloom. Been a weird year! My triple yellow seeds came back up with single white blooms, go figure! I will be sure to send you any seeds as soon as they make some. Thanks, Sylvia

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

lazlo,

What is the diffrence between "tatula" and 'Le Fleur Lilac' . The flowers look the same.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

you mean besides that they are classified as different species ?? i agree that the blooms are similar in shape.

well now, Le Fleur Lilac is propogated by seed; isn't really a fan of full sun locations but does like those with morning sun followed by a shady afternoon. they like soil that is neutral in pH, 6.6 to 7.5. their blooms are more lavender than purple and they tend to shut as the morning grows longer.

on the other hand Tatula like full sun and they can be propogated by seeds as well as cuttings - herbaceous, woody and softwood. Tat Dats like a wider range of soil pH, ranging from 6.1 to 7.8. their blooms are more purple than lavender and they like being open in the daytime.

both are toxic as hell - - requiring use of gloves and frequent & thorough handwashing.

did you know that as little as two seeds from almost all species of datura are enough to kill an adult person?

Thumbnail by LazLo
Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

Got my seeds today. Thanks for the all seeds.

Dane

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

. . . bunches of these seeds are still available . . .

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Here in southern NY I start mine indoors in late March and they are about 6" tall when they go in the ground end of May.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

kobwebz -   LOL! Well then, you're kinda holding them back a bit, aren'tcha?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

End of sowing time soon for Zones 6 - 7 !!

If your plan is to sow later, make it before September 30

Else if you're in Zones 8 - 10, you can procrastinate until around Thanksgiving

Else you ought to just wait a bit more until after the last spring frost has passed.

Please, datura growers:

If you are successful with winter sowing any type of Datura seed, please make a thread about it in this group with a description of your method(s) to do so.

Many thanks in advance!

btw - There are plenty of datura seeds remaining . . .

ATBTY !       ~       ŁazŁo      ;--)

Thumbnail by LazLo
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

. . . bump . . . Lots of seeds left for these Datura varieties . . .

Thumbnail by LazLo

sending you an envelope today. would like any variety except white, have that one. thank you.

please tell me what ATBTY means. thanks. just learning all these acronyms it's like a new language for this old brain !

Pawleys Island, SC

Lazlo, Not sure If I let you know, but the 2nd package you sent arrived safely too. thanks so much, sorry for my negligence. Linda

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Karen -

All
The
Best
To
You
!

Linda -   No worries, dearheart - - glad to know both pkgs made it well.

Thumbnail by LazLo
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

What a lovely picture;o)

thank you.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

oooh, Could I purdy please scarf up a pack each of Sacred Datura and Black Currant Swirl?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

no problem-o, Susan

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

TY!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

This seed offer is CLOSED . . . Thanks for playing!

A T B T Y !       ~       ŁazŁo     ;--)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.