She's at it again....

Boise, ID(Zone 5b)

Not to get everyone fired up, but I stumbled upon Nicole Carver, the unscrupulous young lady from Boise, selling iris on Ebay, as 208seeds4u2009 and allseedsandbulbs10 and other names. She is selling seeds on Amazon.com.

She put together a catalog of seeds she is selling, including Iris Seeds! 5 iris seeds for $2.69.

She is amazing. She doesn't give up!

From Amazon:
Seeds For planting: A wide variety of seeds for your garden! From Iris to fruit seeds! [Paperback] Nicole Clover (Author)

About the Author
Nicole enjoys gardening, especially Iris. She has her own garden for family eating also! She enjoys sharing her seeds with other gardeners local or international!
----
If you Google her address, you will see that there is not a flower or vegetable in her yard!
1615 Shoshone Street, Boise, Id 83705
---
I believe I shall have to write a review on Amazon.

South Hamilton, MA

Good to be alert. With luck you will save people a great deal of angst. No one likes to be taken.

Newfield, NY

great to no that.am all way buying iris i ebay.

Altus, OK(Zone 7a)

I brought her up on Google. Street level kinda tells it all.

She is a scammer and it doesn't look like she is very successful at it.

Once I finished snooping I pulled up my address! Wow, they need to update the photo! Talk about ancient.

That street level option is kinda touchy to place until you figure it out. I was roaming the neighborhood trying to find my house.

Dawn

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks for posting the warning, Dawn.

Yeah, our Google street-view pic dates from 2005; I think it touched nerves with a lot of people who had concerns over privacy and whatnot.

Lebanon, OR

Crooks will always be around. If they can make a dime scamming someone they will.

D

Kansas City, MO

With that pricing we know she won't be getting rich on scamming, that is unless her S & H are huge.

Chuckles,

K

Lebanon, OR

she figures out and continues..you would be surprised how much she made off iris that were not even close to her pictures

D

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Wasn't she the one someone bought irises from and they turned out to be crocus bulbs?

Lebanon, OR

believe it was her or the cottage garden

D

Spicer, MN

She is truly a scammer. It's good we have the forum to alert our members to those that are not honest. It's invaluable because most plant lovers believe 'we' are all the same and it's not always true. They know how to 'sucker' us in.

Sharon

South Hamilton, MA

If she scams many people a not of novices can get soured on gardening.

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Exactly who is it that us newbees need to be cautious of?

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Go Back to the first entry in this thread and it gives her name and her Ebay Seller name. Watch out for her.

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

Years ago here on Dave's, we had a person who was offering to trade an awful lot of brand new, current year, very expensive daylily registrations from John Kinnebrew. This person was also selling them on Ebay. It occured to me that there was no way that this person could have these brand new daylilies in the amounts that she was offering. Most of the time the hybridizers only have a limited number of plants available to sell themselves. This person's supply of these daylilies seemed ENDLESS.

The next year, it turns out that what this person traded and sold were just random, no-name daylilies or ditch lilies. By that time, they were long gone with literally THOUSANDS of dollars.

Elba, NY(Zone 6a)

Boo-hiss to her! Just think of what karma she has ready to come around and bite her in the bum!

That's the main reason why I've stayed clear of E-Bay for my iris purchases. If I'm spending good money, I'm wanting good product. I'm sure that there are plenty of reputable sellers though. Heard that there were many from here...

Lebanon, OR

Her house is up for sale and as stated you can see not one flower

D

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I dont trust e-bay either. I am happy to pay a fair aka sometimes higher price for plants of any kind because there is an asurance the plant has a good start from a reputable grower.
Newbies should familiarize themselves with DG members who sell a product and also post regularly. That way the newbie gets a sense of the vendor they are buying from .

Garden Watchdog was set up for just that thing.Rateings. If they arent on GW I dont buy from It is too bad the scammers make bad reputations for the honest sencere sellers.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

TY for her new names...wondering what they were now so I can be careful who I am buying from there.
Where is the list of sellers from here....their Ebay names???
THANKS again!
Deb

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I see the other thread is gone.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

Someone help out by listing some of the reputable sellers of irises on Ebay please??
Deb

208seeds4u2009 is not a registered seller on Ebay any more. Her last feedback was December of 2009. She also registered with Ebay that same year. So, she became a seller to sell her phony plants quickly, then get out. Or, maybe Ebay terminated her. Now to Amazon!!!

If her house is for sale, maybe she is loosing it to foreclosure. Good, no pity from me.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

isn't nice to have a place to vent when you get burned?

Pleasant Grove, UT

Looks like to me she's at it again, again. Please read these posts before identifying any iris.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

What now ?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.