The Rain in Spain

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

We are having a lovely Nor'easter! I love the nice cool weather and the fact that I don't have to water my rhododendrons and azaleas and the Mother's Day hydrangea. I just about had it with 99 degree weather. 65 degrees is such a relief, though the rain and wind are blowing bunches of maple leaves down. Anyone else enjoying it as much as me?
Martha

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Loving the cooler weather that's for sure. I could use some more rain, though

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Absolutely. Hope we never pass 85 for the rest of the year.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

amen to that!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I put a blanket on the bed last night - and slept under it. But Walllingford slept on top of the blanket - so it isn't winter yet.

Blankets come and go in New England every season. Jim had the AC on a month ago and I was freaking FROZE. He says my internal thermometer is messed up and I need to go get it checked out. :-/

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

and I was the opposite always hot

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

It's been misting for days, 2.6 inches worth. Cool, windy and very wet. I'll take it after the hot dry spell. The dog misses her daily walk, though.
So I cook to fill the freezer for the winter with garden stuff. Tonight it's chicken cacciatore.
Here's a fish meal I prepared last Friday. Yummy.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper

Yum on the chicken, but I am not a fish person!

Hey Andy - read there was a croc in Brockton!

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yea, a 3 footer walking along a residential street. It's better than the 5 footer at the park last year. You need a permit for them in MA.
The kitchen smells heavenly at 10 minutes before the chicken is done.
Andy P

Edited to add the news link.
http://www.enterprisenews.com/mysource/weird_news/x35358401/Firefighter-spots-alligator-crossing-road

This message was edited Aug 24, 2010 7:02 PM

Wow - not an everyday occurrence!

Thomaston, CT

The chicken sounds great, Andy, & goes with the cool weather theme.....I like 70-80...a liitle too cool for me these last few days, & I miss the sun. I put an extra blanket on the bed, & Suey burrowed in.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

my heavier blanket is getting washed up tonight... and Lily & Jily are both sleeping above covers.. it's not cold yet

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I had the windows open last night, no blankets, not cold yet

Thomaston, CT

Not so much cold, as very damp...gets into these old bones.

South Hamilton, MA

Pouring rain at the moment. One comforter is fine. It goes on or off as I need it, but the windows have been closed the last couple of days because of the damp chill, not temp. The weather people (they) are pridicting 9- for the weekend, but I bet 'cooler near the coast' which is nice.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

The rain total so far is 5.25 inches. It's eased up to drizzle and the sky is brightening. I think it's mostly over.
Andy P

South Hamilton, MA

Still going on here, but then you've had more than we have. I will have DH measure when it stops.

Over 6.25 here.

Thomaston, CT

Eeek....that's a whole month's worth! I have no idea of the final total here.

South Hamilton, MA

About 3.5" here since sun. perhaps a bit more. The rain got a late start in our area.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Earl is on his way. Supposedly he will bring cooler weather. I have a quilt on the bed my sister made for me for the AC, When real winter gets here, I get out the down blanket and duvet. Nowhere near that point yet.
Martha

South Hamilton, MA

I hope that rain does come, not too happy about wind. 84° is still too hot.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.