Want to Make a Garden Bench

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I'd like to make a few garden benches for my gardens, but I can't afford $60 or $70 for a mold. What common things might I have that could be used to make the molds for some pretty bench seats and legs? Or is there a cheap mold site that wouldn't cost me a fortune? I do have lumber and could form something up I'm sure, but it would just be plain rectangles.

Also, should I reinforce it with rebar or something?

I think I'd like to bronze or somehow paint a few benches and make them shiny and elegant, maybe even stencil a gold filigree on the seat. (I Have a cricut so I can make my own stencils.) What paint would I use? Do you know of any websites that are helpful?

And how would I seal it to make it waterproof? I certainly don't want it cracking up when we have an ice storm after all the work I'll put into it.

Any other tips would be appreciated!

NancyAnn

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!