tb iris to trade

Port Sanilac, MI

My historic garden is overflowing and I need to seperate some of my flowers. No place to go! However, I have room in my modern garden for a few tbs. Would anyone want to trade tb moderns for my historics? I have three different clumps that I need to divide; I figure I have about 3 or 4 boxes worth. The first is purple and lavander. This is the picture.

This message was edited Aug 20, 2010 7:53 PM

Thumbnail by kays_camelot
Port Sanilac, MI

This is the second one, purple

Port Sanilac, MI

This is the third one. It has profilic, small flowers and blooms early.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

I love that first one! The ones I dug and divided this year are unmarked - it will be a surprise next spring when I see what is planted where. So I can't offer a trade this year, maybe next year?

Boaz, KY

Hi Kay. I'm not a candidate for more Irises (lol) -- but I wanted to ask what the names are of the Irises in the background of picture 1? Thanks.

Castlewood, SD

I love the iris' in the first picture.. but dont have anything to offer I'm afraid, I just ordered my first iris' this year, so perhaps somewhere down the road. Does that first one have a name??
thanks,
Ayrica

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Check on Full Figured for the one on the far right, Don't know about the others but they sure are pretty.

Port Sanilac, MI

The iris in the first picture, left to right are Best Bet, Brown Lasso and Pass the Wine. As you can see, they are not historics. I need to get my historic out of this garden and have no room in the correct one for more of this particular flower. I was hoping to be able to replace it with something else. I enjoy trading; anyone can purchase iris but you can trade only with special people! Maybe next year.

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

The first two are good examples of germanica variants and would make nice foundations for a small historic garden. The last is similar to Pallida, very prolific, grows to nearly 4 feet and would make a nice backdrop to the other historics. I sent out several examples of all of them about 2 months ago as iris for postage.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.