E. "Secret Passion"

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

It's still a baby -- only about 8 inches tall, but has two buds just starting to bloom. Unfortunately, there's no entry for it in PlantFiles yet...

Thumbnail by jeeem
(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Here's the marketing photo. Please let us know if it ever gets the two-toned look. I have heard from several people that it never looks like this.

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks, Clint. I'll definitely be monitoring its development!

Hamilton, OH

I think all of the pom pom type bloom funky on early baby blooms or on the late season small blooms.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

This year my Meringues and Pink Double Delights from last year seem much smaller -- maybe because of the long, cold, wet spring we had... until after the 4th of July!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

That is nice jeeem. I think it will take a few years to weed out the good the bad and the ugly from the big push of new echies. Many look a lot alike, some are duds and some are really nice plants. Only time will tell which ones will stand the test of time. It sure is fun trying them all though isn't it?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

It is fun (and sometimes expensive). I don't know why, but a "Cranberry Cupcake" just shriveled away in the last few days -- even though it was only a few inches away from other healthy Echinaceas (including "Gum Drop") I got from the same place at the same time...

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Today's update. Two blooms, the largest about 2" across.

Thumbnail by jeeem
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Update: August 22, 2010...

Thumbnail by jeeem
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Hmmmm. I think I need that.

Looking better!

Chattanooga, TN(Zone 7b)

here's a plant that was put out a year ago as a plug into our terrace garden:

Thumbnail by GreenThumbsTN
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

These are looking very nice indeed. They seem to get better with age. Thanks for showing them Jeeem and GTs.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Here's my latest update for E. "Secret Passion." Four buds on the baby now...

Thumbnail by jeeem
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

Does the center look like it's getting darker to you? Their photos look really bright in the center. It looks like a really bright pink that's almost red. If it ever looks like their photo I want one.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I wouldn't say it's as deep red as that picture you posted, but the double center is fairly characterized in the promo description as a "raspberry pink" -- with much paler pink petals surrounding it. The contrasting redness depends a lot on the quality of light -- time of day, direct sunlight or shadow, clear or overcast... But, as I say, my plant is just a baby. I hope next year it will come into its own...

I think their photo was altered in Photoshop.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.