Want to Party?????

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I am having a get together on September 25th at noon for good food and lots of chat.

Hope you all can make it! YOU ARE ALL INVITED!!!

Just come and bring a covered dish (Ric...please put food in the dish before you cover it....) We'll provide the meat and plates, etc. If you want any special drink, you might bring that as well as a lawn chair!

I hope you all can make it!

Thumbnail by joycet
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Here's who's coming!

Ric and Robyn
Sue
Bertie
Jules
Marcy and Dave (maybe Martha and Morris)
Di (maybe her DH)

Oh...and me, Cookie!

This message was edited Aug 17, 2010 1:51 PM

i will bring my famous 2 nd place winning jam !

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Yum....think we can talk R&R into bringing ice cream??????

hmmm i tink sooo

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I will bring Josie but I won't put her in a covered dish.

Maybe I can stop and pick up Celene?

This message was edited Aug 15, 2010 10:22 AM

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Ohhh maybe Candy can ride with you guys, too?

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Sounds good, but if I have Josie, someone either needs to drive us, and agree to have her in their car - or if I drive in my car, agree to ride with her. Or, drive my car so I can ride with her. She's good in the car. I guess I could leave her home for the day.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

NO WAY! You're not invited without Josie..... ;o)

i can bring Lucy. She needs to socialize with other dogs.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

OK...Lucy is invited too!

hoooray

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

We will be there...and maybe bring Martha and Morris again..if that's ok? Haven't asked them yet of course.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh that would be great! They're a hoot!

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

I will be there, too! And will bring the DH if I can get him to come along with me.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

YAY

hooray

have you done a food thread yet Cookie ?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Food?
Did someone say Food?

Ric

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Since we seem to be such a small group, do you want to just do the food thread here?

Ric, have you talked with Candy? Is that date working for her?

might as well. i m for it
i guess everyone is just gonna have to miss my second place award winning jam and Chocolate Rum Fruit Cake . :P tisk tisk .

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I'll call Candy tomorrow.
Also invite Eric up... he'll love the place.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Sounds good....

I'll have hot dogs and non-alcoholic beverages. I'll also have plates, etc. If you want beer or something special to drink, by all means bring it along!

What time will you be having this? I was informed :) last night by DS that he is going to the homecoming dance that evening and I have to be the chauffeur starting at 5:00. (He won't be driving until January so I'm still 'mom's taxi service' until then) As long as I leave your house by 4:15 I'll have plenty of time. Thanks heavens he's a boy - when DD when to dances we started getting ready at sun-up! When that girl gets married I'll be busy two weeks out ^_^

Speaking of food, I have a good hot potato dish that I'll bring as long as I can heat it up in your oven for a bit.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Sounds good, Di. We usually meet around 12:00 with eating to commence when everyone gets there. Usually around 12:30 or so. The garden won't be much to see....sigh...dang rain needs to come, RIGHT NOW!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

The service dog meeting is on the 26th. Darn it. There was a political fund raiser I wanted to go to that day. But, the dog thing is more important. The politician that is up for re-election may be very helpful if I don't get the disability first time. So that was important too. Nothing to do for weeks on end, then everything hits the same weekend.

Sorry, Joyce.

:-(

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Ok...I'm bummed, but I understand....

Anyone else coming I don't know about?

anyone wanting apple cider please let me know and or apples
i can give you prices
i can bring it up at the RU.
will post this on the food thread too
hope that is ok with the DG managment ? is not my business so i m not self promoting . I can just pick it up on my way to the RU

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Will do Sue!

Joyce what can we bring?

MEATBALLS !!!!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Ice cream!

I guess we should start talking about this, huh?

Well, as I've said, I will have hotdogs and drinks (soft).

Marcy said she's bringing a cake...(I think)....

Other than that....we're wide open!

i m going to make my chocolate fruit cake with rum . hic yes rum .sorry.
i will also bring apples , and cider
cups i can bring
i have some paper plates left over from a party i can bring

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well..tried 3 times to post here, but guess my server went down.
Yes...I am bringing a chocolate peanut butter cake...plus a side dish...just don't know what yet? Any thoughts? I am open to suggestions!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Marcy, I've never had anything you made that I didn't like!

Since there are so few of us, maybe I should make a side dish or a salad as well......hmmmm, I'll have to think about that one...

Sue, we're running low on those things, so that would be great if you could bring them.

Sue, I would love a bag of apples and a few gallons of the cider. Let me know how much and I'll make sure to have it with me on Saturday.
Cookie, I was planning on bringing a potato dish and can do another side dish if you'd like. I can also do plastic utensils as well.
It will be just me in the car - DH is running DS to a river clean-up for scouts that morning.

I can't wait to meet everyone!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I plan on bringing chicken and noodles too, Joyce, so maybe you don't need to make anything else? Up to you of course!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

We're okay on the plastic utensils, thanks.

Bertie is bringing pasta salad, and with the potato dish and chicken and noodles, I think maybe I'll just do some veggies and dip. Sound okay to everyone? (Well, of course I'll have to have some caramels or Robyn will pout.........) ^_^

Oh By the way....I will be begging that day for the "Juvenile Diabetes Walk for a Cure" donation. My DGD Jordyn has had it since right before she turned 11. She's 17 now. She's had a lot of shots in that time. 4 a day at least until just recently when she got the pump. You can write a check and it's tax deductible. Anyway, the walk is on 10/2 (our 30th anniversary!) Anything is appreciated. If you'd rather, you can donate for me in Jordyn's name online, too. If you don't donate, I'm going to make you take sedum with you that will take over your house......... ^_^

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Geez...now she is threatening us...lol! I am bringing a potted grass...don't know what kind as it came up from seed..but I suspect it is a large miscanthus. Also have another pot..thought it was a grass, but might be a Liatris..not sure. Another volunteer. You all can fight over them!

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

I hope you all have a great time. We would loved to have joined you but there is no way we can leave Ava, Missouri Saturday morning and get there in time.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well I guess Martha and Morris won't be joining us Saturday. I think she forgot and planned something else...lol, but that's ok.
We will still be coming.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.