Dany's MGs 2010 part 4

szarvas, Hungary

This cultivar is really like Ipomoea Nil Africa.Leaves are different.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Early morning.

Thumbnail by dany12
Pretoria, South Africa

Wow!!! This definitely takes first place in my book.. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8053536

This message was edited Aug 21, 2010 7:08 PM

Aschaffenburg, Germany

Is it very hot in Hungary at the moment, Dany?

Martin

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Beautiful dbl mutant Dany. Gorgeous pinks too.

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

Please be aware, though I can buy young plants here in Japan it is against regulations here to post live plant material abroad. Nobody has ever received such from me purely for that reason alone.

Jon

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Dany, I love your Morning photo.. I would never get to work If I Had that View in my back yard!

szarvas, Hungary

Thank you everybody!
Jon
Last week I applied for seeds in Japanese on a blog of an individual, he said he does not send in foreiner countries .I offered him an address in Tokyo, from that time- silence radio ! LOL
Martin
In Hungary the ideal climate for MG - hot summers and dry.Yet the days are warm but nights are cool which reduces the size of flowers.

The only problem is these caterpillars.I have done a traitement but is also a stress for plants.I'm sure there are hormones in these products.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

If this one exists.
http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2010/07/15/dany12/90dc5d.jpg
This one too!
Both Purpurea.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

A beautiful hybrid not very fruitful .

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

An other pic.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

This one comes from Karen (gardener2005).
It is beautiful but might not open very well.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

An other beauty!

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

A second of happiness!

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Chinese lantern.

Thumbnail by dany12

Dany, love your display today. It is funny how a ray of sunshine for just a few minutes makes something happy.
I found a green worm crawling to the largest bloom of the day, but got it before it could make its meal.

Your blooms are gorgeous every day Dany.

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

Hi Dani, When you say you applied to a blog in Japanese, do you speak and read Japanese, know someone who does, or use translation software? If it's the latter I would be surprised if you were understood by the recipient My wife and I often see the results of these so called translations, believe me they are bad man!

Jon

This message was edited Aug 23, 2010 1:45 PM

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Dany - You once again have some beautiful blooms this year! Very nice, all of them.

Aschaffenburg, Germany

Dany, can you show a picture of the caterpillars? I suppose every country has its own parasites. I never had a single caterpillar in Morocco. Caterpillars can strip plants in no time. I had bought a basil plant for kitchen herb and was wondering who quickly it declined. I hadn't noticed the caterpillar till I found caterpillar droppings on the floor.

Martin

Aschaffenburg, Germany

Dany I have also experienced that the Japanese tend to keep their plant treasures to themselves and don't readily export. For years now I have been trying to get amaryllis from myake nurseries in Tokyo, but I guess I will have to learn Japanese first, till I will be able to get any because they only sell to local retailers...

Martin

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

Martin, Hi! Japans politicians are constantly spouting about how important our exports are for the economy,
and sure the big corporations do their best. However smaller companies, I think are afraid to engage in exports partly due to language difficulties, mostly being unable to grapple with each countries import regulations! I honestly believe there is no intended guarding of their "plant treasures" as you put it. The interesting thing is that all Japanese school students study English for eight years and many of them can and do read it very well, at the spoken level they fall down because of the nature of their tuition. They are literally afraid to make contact for fear of embarrassment, a very important aspect of Japanese life and culture.

Dany your blooms are fantastic, as always!

This message was edited Aug 23, 2010 8:51 PM

szarvas, Hungary

Martin
The Latin name of this butterfly Pieris brassicae makes a lot of damage in the cabbage.
Jon
I think that is the shyness and hesitation. They are never sure of them. I am a rather heavy-hitter and after I repair.
Is it good japanese language?
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/tairinasagao/cmt/3c4e4885f07b90f1027ddef2eb2db4d7

A new for today - Kykiosaki type without kykio leave.

Thumbnail by dany12
Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

Doesn't make too much sense to me Dany, I'll have my wife look over it tomorrow, and d mail you.

Jon

Mesilla Park, NM

Oh I love Kikyo Ice, you can spot Karens crosses all the way from here.. Nice job Dany.
A.

szarvas, Hungary

Antoinette thank you, tomorrow I will take the time to look a little better to see the other flowers and leaves.
A new for today: very pale pink with a white margin.

Thumbnail by dany12
Aschaffenburg, Germany

Thanks, Jon, for illucidating on the problem of cultural differences. I might write a nice letter to Myake if you volunteer to translate it for me that would be really nice...

I have received amaryllis bulbs even in Morocco from Japan through a friend at Dave's. They arrived without any problems.

Martin

Aschaffenburg, Germany

Dany that pieris brassicae would go on MGs really surprises me...

It feeds on cabbage normally or rape seeds...

Martin

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

Martin I don't do translations for two reasons, firstly they involve my very busy wife, secondly they take hours to do. However I can offer some advice on using translation software and the protocol for communicating with Japanese people. If you'd like it d mail me.

Jon

Aschaffenburg, Germany

You are right, Jon. I am professional translator for several languages, i.e. German, English, Spanish, French and some Arabic, so it doesn't take me hours. I will probably ask s.o. from church to translate my letter, but I may show you the letter in English to avoid any cultural blunders....

Martin

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

Ok Martin, please do. European languages are united in that they use the Roman alphabet, Arabic I would imagine is a proverbial different kettle of fish! Japanese could not be more different if it came from Mars!
With hiragana, katakana as basic kana, there are then 2000 kanji thrown in to avoid ambiguity, coupled up with the vastly different grammar, it makes for very difficult translation. To add to that my wife is not a native English speaker and so I have to explain the meaning of many words in Japanese to her, not easy I can assure you.
Unlike yourself we are not professional translators. I am studying Japanese and have done so for the past four years, however it is generally recognized that it takes around ten years to become proficient.

Jon

Aschaffenburg, Germany

Yes, I would think so, Jon, even with my Arabic I am literally lost in translation....The vocabulary is an ocean of words....

Martin

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

Actually Martin, I find the vocabulary the easy part when compared to writing and reading Japanese.
I get by very well with day to day conversation provided it's not too technical, though I find it very difficult to read a newspaper. How do you overcome this difficulty in Arabic? What is it you have to do to train your mind to spontaneously translate? Something that still eludes me for now.

Jon

McMinnville, TN

Dany,
I love your photos of your beautiful morning glories-I wanted to touch the Drizzling Blue it is so different I looked at it along time and found myself going back to look at it time after time. What kind of camera do you use as it takes great dept of your beautiful blooms? I need a new camera as mine is several years old and I'm sure it would like a rest since I have used it for so long.
Looks like you really have a love for morning glories and your really keeping yourself busy with them. I also feel like I'm falling in love with them, here they are mainly just 1 color nothing special or should I say eye catching. I have decided I want to grow some on 1 of the fences around my yard-there is so much traffic it would give people something pretty and different to see. Maybe I can get some of the unusual ones in the future and next year surprize all my flower loving friends.
Keep up the good work you deserve a metal!

Demetria

(Zone 7a)

I missed this thread while my subscription lapsed.

Dany, I hope you realize how much pleasure your threads give us morning glory enthusiasts - I can't find enough words to say how much :)

karen

szarvas, Hungary

Demetria, thanks.
My camera is a Panasonic DMC-TZ6
Thanks Karen .
But I think this year has been bad for the nils.
Spring came later and autumn is wet and cold.I could not do more than 9000 photos because I had to leave my garden 2 times for 10 days in full bloom.

Thumbnail by dany12

OMG, be still my heart, that last bloom is drop dead gorgeous. How ever could you leave your heaven for ten days?

I agree Debra, gorgeous blooms

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Dany - Nice camera. Sharp photos. And beautiful blooms!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.