Powderpuff seeds!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey everyone, I just looked at my powderpuff plant and it has a few seedpods on it! If there is anyone interested, shoot me a dmail. I am interested in tropicals. :)

Here is a link to the plants file:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2313/

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Won't grow in my area! Darn!!

Blackshear, GA

Brandon,
Have you ever tried to grow these from seed? I have one also,love it, and it always has tons of seed pods, but I have never tried to grow them. Mine comes back every year, even after that bad winter we had.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

GAgirl1066, what zone are you in? When I looked it up it said zone 9-10. I'm in zone 6b here in KY.

Blackshear, GA

No, I am on the line of 8a/8b, I would say more 8b, unless they have rearranged it.

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Wow, we lost our 's here from last winter (zone 9a/b)....not patient enough to grow it from seed tho

Blackshear, GA

I thought I had lost mine also, but it came back twice as nice. I tried to protect it to begin with, with a frost cloth, but the cold days just kept coming and it had lost its leaves, so I just gave up. I have found the things that are 'ify' zone wise, If you plant them early and protect them as best you can that first year, they get a good root system and seem to be more hardy. I have tried a couple of times to take cuttings, but so far have not been successful.

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

GAgirl, it was a 2 year old plant that had made it thru the winter before....I guess it was just too much this last winter.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Honestly yall, I have never tried to grow them from seed. Have any of yall tried and had success? I do know that they are nearly impossible to start from cuttings.

Blackshear, GA

I haven't tried the seeds, but I think I may. I just like to see if I can grow things. Ditto on the cuttings, as I said above, have tried 2 and both times failed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.