Clivia Miniata

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

I can't find a place to post questions about Clivia...and figured this was the closest match. Here are two Clivia I bought today. They seem very mature, with about 12-14 leaves each. The labels only read "Kaffir Lily / Clivia," one orange; the other yellow. My assumption / hope is that they're Clivia Miniata, specifically...the ones with the clusters of open flowers on each stalk...as opposed to the tubular, panicle blooming type I've also seem. Seemed like a great deal for what look like very mature plants to me...with roots bulging through the surface of 1.8 gallon pots...

Any insight?

Thumbnail by SCBegoniaGuy
Zephyrhills, FL

I used google,which has become a sales engine,to the point of uselessness,quite often. I got only an advertizement touting Amazon. I, then used Bing and searched the same term,Clivia forums,and got a myriad of wonderful resources.
Del

I have the clivia Miniata, it looks like yours. I had a yellow one also, but it did not do well for me. I gave it to my dtr. in Ga. They do really well for her. It has bloomed since I gave it to her. Even the orange [Miniata] do not do too well here for me. They did better blooming after the very cold winter we had.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.