Dr William Sears Smoothie recipe

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Dr Sears, the famous pediatrician, has an article in this months Prevention Mag. Aug 2010. He writes that he developed this smoothie recipe while recuperating from colon cancer 14 yrs ago. He describes it as good for the gut & mental clarity. Well, mental clarity is a need of mine now that I am 62 yrs old. Foggy memory and sometimes only a brick wall when I attempt to 'recall'. I have been off sugar/ high carbs for about 3 months now & feeling mucho better w/out those things in my diet.
I take a high protein low carb (powder)mix in the AM. I am interested in this recipe but it has way too many fruits/sugars for me. Please comment on this smoothie recipe and what are the source/ingredients for the 'mental clarity'? I have all of the ingredients on hand but will not use that much fruit/fructose. I do not process sugars of any kind. thank you. mary

Dr Sears Smoothie for mental clarity & your gut

8 oz green vegetable juice or 4 Tbsp power greens w/ 8 oz water
8 oz carrot juice
8 oz pomegranate juice or grape juice or milk
2 c unsweetened greek style yogurt
1 c blueberries
1 c fruit frozen or fresh strawberries, papaya, mango, pineapple
2 kiwi fruits
2 oz tofu
¼ c ground flax seed
¼ c wheat germ
2 tsp cinnamon

Blender makes 64 oz

Optional
Dates, raisin, figs for xtra sweetness 1-2 T peanut buter
Milk instead of juice
Fresh spinach
Multi vitamin/mineral protein powder
1 Tbs sunflower seeds for Xtra Vit E

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!