CLOSED: HAVE: Cannas, Amaranthus, Hibiscus, Etc

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

My subscribership expires Sept 6 and I'm not renewing it, and I'll no longer be able to post on this forum. So this is my last trade post here. If you want to trade with me, here's your last chance.

I mail all seeds in a bubble mailer and expect the same.

NO SEEDS FOR POSTAGE.

All my seeds are open-pollinated. Some were collected from my gardens last year and some were collected this year.

Here's what I have. Most packs contain a generous amount of seeds (10 seeds for vines, 25+ for hibiscus and 4 oclocks, 50+ for most others):

Amaranthus - yellow Celosia plumosa (produces combs and plumes)
A. - fuscia celosia plumosa - produces plumes (feathers)
A. - fuscia celosia plumosa - pampas plume
A. Oeschberg - Upright Love Lies Bleeding

Four Oclocks - Yellow
F. - Fuscia (Bright Hot Pink)
F. - Custard & Cream (Yellow and White striped)

Hibiscus Coccineus - Red TX Star
H. - Southern Belle - Dinnerplate Light Pink
H. - Southern Belle - Dinnerplate Dark Pink
H. - Southern Belles - Dinnerplate Light Pink and Dark Pink mix
H. - Disco Belle - Luna Blush (pink and white striped)
H. - Moy Grande - Dinnerplate Red

Hollyhocks - Lemon Blush
H. - Lavender
H. - Palomino (dirty beige-yellow)
H. - Light Pink
H. - Black
H. - Coral Red

Black Moudry Fountain Grass

Canna - Tropical Sunrise - 5 Seeds
Canna - Tama Tulipa - 5 Seeds

Vitex Chaste Tree - Lavender-Blue
Vitex Chaste Tree - Pale Pink almost White

Amsonia Hubrichtii - Blue Star Amsonia

Japanese Morning Glory - Hatsu Arashi
Ipomoea Quamoclit - Cypress Vine - Red

Cinnamon Basil
Bronze Fennel
Perilla - purple leaf
Lemon Mint

What I'm looking for:

Unusual peppers, like Peter Pepper, ornamentals, edibles
4 oclocks - Limelight, Longiflora, light pink, purple (not fuscia), other unusual ones
Unusual Amaranthus
Peony Poppies
Columbines
Impatiens Balsamina - Touch Me Nots
Salvias (already have coccinea)
Uncommon Morning Glories
Nigella - Love in the Mist
Unusual Vines
Foxgloves
Double Hollyhocks
Named Daylily Crosses
Pardancanda - Candy Lilies
Flowers for a butterfly garden
Flowers with a love/romance theme or name
Any other interesting plants.

I'd also trade several packs of seeds for exercise DVDs for Zumba or other fitness DVDs. I'd trade for garden decor like butterflies, mosaics, suns and moons, etc.

If interested in trading, let me know.

NancyAnn

This message was edited Aug 13, 2010 1:38 PM

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

NancyAnn,
Dirty yellow-beige hollyhock sounds very appealing lol-I would be interested in trading for those and for the pink Vitex.
I have Blue Silk Ipomoea nil, White Hige Ipomoea purpurea, Salvia superba collected from Rose Queen or Salvia x sylvestris from East Friesland, plenty of Impatiens balsamina and Queen Anne's Pocket Melon vine. If any of those interest you, LMK,
Alana

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi Alana, here's a pic of the Palomino. That's my name for it.

I'd be interested in:

White Hige MG
Impatiens Balsamina
Queen Anne's Pocket Melon - what an interesting history it has

Would you be interested in anything else on my list? The Lemon Blush hh is pretty two with frilly petals.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Here's a pic of lemon blush.

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Very pretty! You convinced me.
I would like the lemon blush, too.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I dmailed you my address, Alana. I'm really excited to try that pocket melon. I researched it and it's very intriguing. I think it will be great for my wedding garden. Thank you for introducing me to something new. :-)

NancyAnn

Roermond, Netherlands

Hello NancyAnn

Do you trade out of the U.S.?
I'm interested in some of your seeds and loved to trade
I've to offer:
Salvia (color pink)
Morning Glory Lutea (Yellow)
Love in a Puff.

An.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I hope to have 3 ripe Peter Peppers for seeds soon

P

Oh yeah...and some Black Pearl peppers too.

This message was edited Aug 14, 2010 4:36 AM

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi An, I don't trade out of the country due to cost and customs regulations. Too many times, the seeds I've sent or the seeds I was to receive were lost in the mail or confiscated by customs. Sorry!

Oh, Peggy, you know I want some Peter Peppers! I need to go thru my seed stash and see if I have something special you might like. I have lots of peppers and tomatoes. Maybe I have some varieties you'd like.

New Milford, CT

Nancy Ann --

I have:

* Digitalis purpurea Excelsior hybrids -- (commercial seeds bought in June)
* Common digitalis purpurea, hot pink/purple & white -- fresh seeds from very vigorous, hardy plants that have proved themselves to grow easily from seed (if *I* can get them to grow, anyone can ...) open pollination
*A bright red annual salvia, which may be or is similar to Splendens 'Bonfire ' -- these are seeds freshly harvested from some very strong, vigorous plants that I bought in May -- open pollination

I'd love to have:

* H. - Southern Belles - Dinnerplate Light Pink and Dark Pink mix
* Four Oclocks - Yellow

Let me know if any of mine interest you!

Mary

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

i have few things on your list and i need seeds of all kinds i have dirt every where so i want it to have flowers everywhere.. if will trade let me know have differfent veg seeds and some herbs to.. cucumbers moon stars watermelon ect flowers few did not grow this dirt .

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi Ladies, I'm looking for something a little more uncommon. If I can buy it locally, I really don't want to trade for it. But thanks for the offers.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Time is running out. If you want to get in one last trade with me before my membership expires, now's your chance.

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

fitness DVD's?? will these work for ya??

Thumbnail by DIRTYGIRL71
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi Dirtygirl,

I'd love that Salsa DVD. What would you like in exchange? Why don't you dmail me a list and we'll see what we can work out? Thanks for the offer!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Alana, your package of seeds arrived today. What a treat! Thank you for all the bonuses! They'll be great in my wedding garden. I mailed your seeds on Monday, so you should be receiving them soon. I hope they all grow well for you. Thanks for trading with me!

NancyAnn

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Thanks for all the trades over the years, you guys. I've had a lot of fun growing all the seeds from your gardens, as well as the videos, CDs, and artwork you have all sent me in trades.

I'll close this thread now since it seems everyone who wanted to do a final trade with me has probably responded. Thanks for everything!

NancyAnn

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

P.Peppers still green.Shoot me an email so I can contact you when they're ready.Hopefully my candylily pods will be ready then too.

P

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.