I had to share this

Kansas City, MO

Early last week we received our Schreiner's order. I potted them immediately and due to extreme outdoor temps (mid to upper 90's)decided to keep 'em inside in front of a west window. Normally I would have potted them outside in a shady location. I potted them after I got home from work around 5pm. By the next morning some showed as much as an inch of new green growth above the trim line on the fans. I could not believe my eyes. There was another inch by the next a.m. and they keep on going strong. They are all doing amazing, like they hit the ground growing!! I have seen fast recovery before but not this fast!! Smiling here in Missouri.

After seeing this success I dug up some new plantings from outside that seemed to be lagging behind and all but one appear to have taken a leap in growth. Think I learned something. I will keep them inside until temps really moderate and that may take weeks but it isn't a problem.

K

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

I think Schreiners iris have the magic dust that just make them grow and take off like weeds. I have never seen anything like it. Mine from Schreiners just came yesterday. I planted some of the order and they are already growing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.