TB iris Rio Bravo?

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Good evening ladies, I have not even heard of this one, nor can I find a picture...any information would be helpful.
Thanks in advance!
Naomi

Lebanon, OR

Well as of 2009 was not received but could be new...where did you get it from?

D

Hi Dee! My Aunt has a label for it in here garden... but my Uncle had labled a few wrong, so we're trying to figure them all out... My Uncle passed away two years ago, so we're trying to update and 'fix' her beds... example.. 'Drama Queen' says 'Dorama Queen'.. LOL! japanese pronounciation? &:-)
One I found a few hrs ago is Clearwater River, which was labeled Clear River Water....and then there was the yellow iris labeled 'Leta Black'...
I have a picture of an iris and the label that says Rio Bravo, but the iris is Peach Picotee... I hope the one we dug called Peach Picotee is really Peach Picotee.. I'm beginning to think that a 'bad' neighbor has switched a few things around or something.... She has four large beds with 12 iris in each that are mixed up. Latin Lover had an iris that was blue...not actualy Latin Lover.. what a mess....

Gainesville, TX

Your iris may be just Rio, which is a magnificent iris , see my pic in plant files

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

OHHH That is a pretty one Sharon. Great photo too.

Thanks Sharondippity, that is a pretty iris! Bad new is, is that I was looking through all the pictures I took while they were blooming, and the iris with that tag is Peach Picotee!!!!! LOL!!!! Not funny... but it is...my poor auntie.... Perhaps I can talk her into replanting all the 'Rio Bravo' AND Peach Picotee till next year so that we can find out what they REALLY are..... what a dilema..

South Hamilton, MA

Glad that you are helping her out.

It's something I enjoy, plus I love my Auntie! &:-)
Here's what I dug from my yard Sunday and Monday. yesterday I counted... 400 (or more) rhizomes of 24 or so varieties.

Thumbnail by naomimade
South Hamilton, MA

great root systems more important than the flower ir you want to enjoy your plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.