Dragonfly

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

This guy has been sitting on the tip of this bamboo stick every morning by the pond. I dont know how long dragonflies live but he has been around for weeks now. We see each other when I feed the fish and now I can pretty much come up inches away.

Thumbnail by jujubetexas
Bureau County, IL(Zone 5a)

He's pretty! How cool! I don't know much about dragonflies, but damselflies will land on you. I've had lots of them land on me at once even. Maybe that dragonfly will land on you!

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

They have aerial battles over the pond. You can actually hear them crash into each other.

Bureau County, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh!! That sounds like it would be fun to watch!!

BROOKFIELD, Australia

Quote from jujubetexas :
This guy has been sitting on the tip of this bamboo stick every morning by the pond. I dont know how long dragonflies live but he has been around for weeks now. We see each other when I feed the fish and now I can pretty much come up inches away.

That is one big dragonfly - how wonderful!

Vicksburg, MS(Zone 8a)

You do have some neat looking critters out there! I love to watch our dragonflies out in the front yard while we're sitting on the porch but we don't have anything that pretty! Loved your spider too. I have a pretty yellow spider (Golden or Chinese spider I think) that lives in one of our porch windows every summer. Hubby knows to leave her alone when he cleans the cobwebs off the porch :-}

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks!
I bet I will have a lot more spiders this year.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Gorgeous! Ive never seen a "red" dragon fly before.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.