What's my Name?

Spicer, MN

This Iris was purchased by me and they named it 'Dream Team'. It is so beautiful but would like to know it's 'real name'.

Thank You! Sharon

Thumbnail by husker11
Bakersfield, CA

Yeah, DREAM TEAM is a yellow by Mid-America. But they do have one by Paul Black called CIMARRON TRAIL that looks pretty close. I just looked it up in PlantFiles and will try to copy it here so you can check it out. But if that doesn't work, please look that iris up in PlantFiles and see what you think.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/138313/

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Looks the same to me! Beautiful! Shall I start my list for next year...? LOL!!!

Bakersfield, CA

You mean you haven't started it yet? Best get to work! LOL!

Spicer, MN

You Nut!

I'm still trying to make sure I haven't missed anyone. .If you have paid and not received a box, please let me know. I'm ready to cash in all the checks I've received this last month. I'M AN IRIS FARMER, not an accountant. That is like the opposite ends of the spectrum. The positive is being able to share the bountiful gifts this season has given me.

Sharon

Lebanon, OR

and share you did and beautifully Sharon.

Bless you and all the people who you blessed with the iris from your garden.

D

Oh Betty.... I have over done it this year... I don't THINK I'm going to order anything next year... unless I loose some over the winter, or the yard fairy comes along and gives me a bigger yard!!! LOL!!!
I've already crammed 78 different iris varieties (some onsies/twosies, some a small clump)
into my small front yard.. ( 17 ft X 23 ft ..?) and have two 'used to be' veggie beds full of irises..

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

My name tags are done and tomorrow, your and Dee's babies are getting planted. Today we were in the low 90s. That will not last forever but I will take two days of it. Actually had about 1 minute of rain today and some wonderful sounding rolling thunder. It rained all around us so it at least cooled things down.

Love to all of you my friends.

Hi Sharon!
I lived in LV for about 10 years back in 1986 - 1996.., but never grew irises then... do they need morning sun only there? or a bit of shade....?

Naomi &:-)

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Mine are in full half day sun. Either morning or afternoon. I do have them protected the rest of the day with partial shade from trees. I have some now that are in total shade because neighbor's tree has grown and this last year they did not bloom so they will be moved the next 30 days.

My hubby says that you had record highs this year! When I lived there, one July it got to 126 degrees....

Gainesville, TX

I would think I was in Alaska if I had 2 summer days in the 90s, and if I had rain in the summer I would have to be in Hawaii

Lebanon, OR

LOL

Here this weekend to get hot about 99 from 80-84 now...YUCK Lucky no digging Fri thru Sun as Thurs digging all the door prize iris to deliver on Sat at the auction.

This will be the first year that I will not buy anything at Auction! I know you do not believe me...this has only happened one other time and that was when everything I bid on went higher than the catalog price and that is foolish to me.

D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.