Cute caudiciform

Decatur, GA

I know this is a Euphorbia, but I lost the tag naming the species. If any one can name it I would be grateful. It is small, only about 11/2 inches tall and no blooms yet.
Helen

Thumbnail by helenchild
Arlington, TX

No idea but the leaves are very nice. Wonder how big the caudex gets?
C

Decatur, GA

I am not sure it will get big, at least not fast. It is 2 years old now.
Helen

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

I would check out Birhmann's Caudex on line and look down the list of Euphorbias for an ID. There are not a lot of Euphorbias that have Caudexes.

Oh, heck my curiousity got the better of me check out ,Euphorbia suzannae-marnierae and tell me if that is close.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

It's definitely not E. suzanne-marniariae. I grow that one and it has a really fat, round little caudex with small leaves. This looks like another Madagascan Euphorbia but I can't remember what its name is.

No prob. It was the closest leaf shape I could find on a quick tour of "Birhmann's Caudex".

Decatur, GA

I believe this is what I have.

http://www.bihrmann.com/caudiciforms/subs/eup-cre-sub.asp

Euphorbia cremersii

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, the leaves certainly look right. Is there a "bulb" below the soil? If not, you might try repotting it lower down so the "bulb" will develop.

That was one of the things throwing me off. Good point, Faeden.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

It threw me off too, AD. I saw the E. cremesii and noted that it looked a lot like Helen's plant, but hesitated to say so because I couldn't see the typical "bulb" caudex.

Yardley, PA

It looks similiar to the Euphorbia francoisii.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Yes, it does, except the leaves are much larger than those on E. francoisii.

Yardley, PA

Maybe a hybrid of? The leaves do look a little fatter but are the same length as mine. So many Euphorbias.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.