Root Rot in my trees

Gainesville, FL

I had a Ligustrum Licidum that died in my backyard. Well, I thought it was dead but now I am seeing a few spouts on it. (It was beautiful) From my description the Agriculture Extension Aghency said it was Mushroom Root Rot. Now I have three other small trees that are dying. I know they are oak but don't know the name. Possibly Pin Oak. My research on the internet found that and it looks like my leaf. What can I do to prevent more root rot? I have more than one type of oak but it seems like only this particular one is dying.

Thumbnail by florida254
Village of Port Clem, Canada

That sounds like they are not draining by the roots.
Are they too large to have moved to a dryer spot?

Gainesville, FL

No where to move them. I have a pie shaped lot. At the widest part which is about 150 ft., there is about 10 ft of trees back to my fence line. The lot is slopping and of course if it rains most of it goes to the bottom side of my property. I have only lived here five years and we have had very little rain. I have clay in my soil so there is a swell. When and if it rains most of the water is directed to the bottom half of my property. I have Memosa, Sweet Gum and Tung Oil that all look very healthy. But the Oak is a different story. Thanks and any information is appreciated

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.