Difference in JM - Acers

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I have planted JM's for years but don't know the difference in the types. I'm making a trade and will be receiving a "Acers verigated JM that is described as pink and white" I've googled this without really knowing what I'm getting. I love the green, low and wide Jap Maples but they are so expensive. Do any root?

Any info in these would help as I just found this thread on my forum watch list and added it.
Kathy

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

I don't think anyone of us will know what you're getting either because that name makes it sound like you are getting generic, unnamed cultivars/seedlings. Many JMs will be variegated so if I were you I would just ask the person you are trading with if they happen to know the cultivar.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

They are sending a plant in trade. The plant is about 3 feet tall and she just and I only live about 2 hours apart. She told me that was the name on the tree that was shipped to her by mistake when placing and order and the company told her to keep it and replaced it with another, correct plant. I could not find the named tree on their website. I hope she will google it and pick out the picture that most looks like it. Either way I think I will be happy with the JM.

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

It sounds like you are both trading unnamed cultivars so it is no big deal...and as the saying goes you generally get what you pay or don't pay for ....it's a trade... even if it ain't a boffo plant it's free. And they likely are in the same posisition not knowing what you have ( as you imply you don't know either so it seems like a non issue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.