Morning Glories 2010 #15

Mesilla Park, NM

Rebecca in full throttle without any fertilizers at all, I wish they all performed like this without additives.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Nicole, missed your pretty bloom and Emma's gorgeous pinks.

A love your Rebecca and Crimson Rambler.

Thanks Becky

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh my goodness, A love your Gardens! I love the blooms here too, so many names and so many details to try to remember. I sure love rebecca, she comes up on her own for me here.
I have some hederacea, and They Cheer me Up!
Jackie, why do you call your sanz. Weird?

Thumbnail by joeswife
DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Sunsmile purple w/ white volunteer.....
Two came up on top of mulch that had weed cloth under it...potted them up, the other hasn't bloomed but it's probably the purple also.

Thumbnail by mjsponies

That is a beauuutiful purple there.. love it!
Does this look like a SSblue?

Thumbnail by joeswife
Westmoreland, TN(Zone 7a)

love your blooms ladies

Thumbnail by rh3708
North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Don't have any different blooms today, so I made a collage of what is blooming. Clockwise from top: Maisugata cross, Star of Texas, white with specks of purple, Roman Candy on the bottom and a shredded hige, Murasakihige (something like that). The Murasakihige is a very low seeds producer, so I hand pollinated them today. The Maisugata cross is so pretty and seems to be doing OK with seeds producing. None are ripe yet. Roman Candy is a heavy i nil seeds producers, so I should have plenty to share for next year. We will see because they are not ripe yet either. I look forward to seeing what is blooming every morning. I think I saw a bud on Rebecca today so probably have blooms tomorrow. Germinated Rebecca late.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Gourd, your garden is beautiful and I love your Rebecca. Can not wait to see mine bloom. Planted it for my youngest daughter, 'cause that's her name. She is so excited. Everyone have such beautiful blooms. Love seeing all the pictures!

This message was edited Aug 12, 2010 9:37 AM

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Debra,
Most of the SunSmile 'Blue' seeds that I have grown do turn out to be a 'Lilac', which is what yours looks like. However, this year I FINALLY got two plants that do produce a true 'Light Blue'.

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

this is the SSmile blue I had last year.....shoulda done seeds for it this year but never got around to it.

Thumbnail by mjsponies

this was the lavender.... but .I also got this in a solid form of the same plant

Thumbnail by mjsponies
Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

MJ,
Woah, this is awesome
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8035505

Here is my Violet, which is a Dark Purple that I have growing this year.

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
Westmoreland, TN(Zone 7a)

nice blooms ladies.

Emma i sent you a cmale.

Robbie

Beautiful blooms everyone Great Sun Smile bloom assortment too.

Debra, I'm just using the names Karen gave to her pkts of sds
Some were Saz #1 or Sazanami #2
and 2 pkts she named Weird Sazanami's, one was lite seeded and the other was dark seed form. So I use these descriptive names for Karen's benefit.
It means something to her. :-) I've sent her pics of all but my newest blooms in case she wants some of my sds returned to her. The only one that was stubborn with sds was that beauty from the front porch. May have to grow
that one out again to be able to share sds

Thumbnail by patootie

Those blooms are all so awsome. I just love the sheen on that ss, MJ. Jackie, thanks for the explanation. I thought you meant they were weird, and I was going to disagree with you. LOL
what is the last picture of?

Mesilla Park, NM

duplicated message

This message was edited Mar 20, 2011 9:34 AM

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Jackie - I, too, want to know what your blue and white striped vine is! It's really a show-stopper!!

Antoinette - I love your purpureas! Just amazing!

Emma and Debra - Nice Sun Smiles!

Nicole - Love the blooms in your collage! Nice!

THIS is MY FAVORITE bloom. It's called Little Jasmine! She is already 14 lbs. and you'd never know she was a preemie born 5 weeks early. She was laughing at my son's singing to her! She is the most precious little thing!

This message was edited Aug 12, 2010 11:34 PM

Thumbnail by beckygardener
Mesilla Park, NM

Oh my goodness, this is the best bloom I've seen yet! I'll bet you are one happy grandma., you need to make more photos like this with her in the center, she will cherish them when she grows up. Make a whole collection for her.. oh, how I wish we had this type of equipment when my children were born..

Jackie - This is your Fuji no Sora. The blooms on this vine are huge!!! Lots of blooms every day! A really nice cultivar for sure! I see why you like this one so much! Beautiful!

Heavenly Blue growing over the top of the cattle panel arbor. Love these tricolor vines! I am very interested to see Pearly Gates soon. There are three large PG vines growing all over this trellis too.

Thanks for the A-OK on the Jasmine bloom, Antoinette! A really special bloom for sure! :-) :-)

This is my last photo for the evening ... I'm off to bed. Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Close-up of Heavenly Blue bloom with a small butterfly in the throat! :-)

Beautfiul! I love that Jasmine bloom the best. I am waiting for pearly gates and heavenly blue both to bud.

:-)

From what I understand ... Heavenly Blue will bloom first followed by Pearly Gates in the Fall. I have never grown either until this year. Love the tricolors more and more every time I grow another one. I still need to grow Flying Saucers. :-)

My Fs are up and vining also. I have grown HB forever. Except last year. I never thought to save the seeds, I just ggave them away, so I didn't have any. Now I do. ;)

Mine has not made ANY seeds yet ... hmmmm ... I wonder if it makes seeds as it starts to die? My plants just aren't co-operating this year with the seed production. It might be the high humidity causing that to happen. Time to fertilize again ...

Little Jasmine is a beauty Becky. Can't believe how much she's grown. I hope
you're getting to spend lots of time with her.
My last pic is the Weird Saz dark sd form that was growing on the
front porch. Was a shock when it opened. It was the prettiest bloom but the rest of the blooms were also pretty. Did not make many sds.
Gorgeous H Blue Becky, one of my favorites

This message was edited Aug 13, 2010 12:51 AM

Thumbnail by patootie

Thanks, Jackie!

Well, you've been getting some pretty neat vines/blooms! I like that new one you just posted. A blizzard blue! Very pretty!

Becky, I missed your no Sora, it's a beauty.

Nicole, also missed your collage, beautiful blooms. Nice to see Red Star of Tx Hibiscus

to the new thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1122667

This message was edited Aug 13, 2010 2:18 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.