Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1119279

From Gardener 2005, the last of her orig sds of Saz Light from 08
These were her test sds. I love this bloom

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty color and bloom Jackie.

First bloom on one of 3 vines I have of Black King. Thank you Dany.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

This is Purple Spriped doing neat things in my climate. Thanks Dany. No stripes yet on this vine.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Little pretty blooms on Tempest.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

And another bloom on Tempest.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Choco silk probably. Ooooops, I think it's rose silk.

This message was edited Aug 7, 2010 7:54 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Westmoreland, TN(Zone 7a)

They look alike Helena how can you tell the differance?
your blooms look great by the way.

Robbie

Thumbnail by rh3708
Mesilla Park, NM

Those are really nice Helena, is Black King and Silver wolf the same thing? I remember seeing something like that somewhere.

Jackie, I long to get one of those full spectrum Dark Sazanamies, I've got the really light blizzard ones.

A.

Love your blooms Helena, esp the Purple Stripes and Tempest

A, it's been so long since I've seen a dark Saz, can't even remember what
it looks like. Last yr, I planted a light Saz sd and got this bloom.
It came out of the same pkt as the bloom I opened this thread with.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks everyone. Ilike your pretty dark bloom too Jackie.

Robbie, I try to label my vines so that I can ID them though sometimes the labels get lost. Some I can ID just by sight.

A. I also thought that Black King looked a lot like Silver Wolf. I got Black King seeds came from Dany's seeds and I bought Silver Wolf on Ebay from Japanese seller. I really couldn't tell you anything more. It should be interesting to see more blooms from the vines.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Norfolk, VA

Here is an update of my 3-way cross involving Early call pink, Early call blue, and a large-flowered pink speckled w/ varigated foliage. It has the characteristics of it's grandma early call pink. A single plant running up the gutter and making it's way to the other corner of the back porch :-)

Thumbnail by MGMan
Norfolk, VA

upclose

Thumbnail by MGMan
Norfolk, VA

and my other cross involving Akatsuki no Umi x Early call pink :-)

Thumbnail by MGMan
Norfolk, VA

And the massive stalk.

Thumbnail by MGMan
Norfolk, VA

And the stalk of my 3-way cross.

Thumbnail by MGMan
Norfolk, VA

Here is a grow-out of a large-flowered pink w/ varigated foliage x Early call blue F2 involving 10 seedlings. Only 2 seem to have varigated cotyledons while others are solid and have broader and slimmer ones than others. Only time will tell when the flowers will bloom with different even new variations ;-)

Tony

This message was edited Aug 7, 2010 6:34 PM

Thumbnail by MGMan
Norfolk, VA

Here is one of it's beautiful parents.

Thumbnail by MGMan

Gorgeous pink Tony

nice bloom Tony.

Robbie

Thumbnail by rh3708
North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

yes Tony, beautiful!

There were blooming this morning. Been waiting for these buds to open to see if they are blue or purple. It's blue with a tinge of lavender in the throat.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow,
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8026360

This one is great.
It looks like it is crossed with Youjiro
Too awesome

Emma, I wished I knew what seed it was that germinated. I believe it came from some recycled dirt that I probably dumped into this container. Sometime when the MG doesn't germinate within a month or so, I dumped the dirt into a container to recycle and this came up. Joseph suggested it could be a type of youjiro like Maisugata. It does have medium-sized spade-shaped light green (not lime) non-variegated leaves. Color is not as intense blue as the Maisugata, so it's probably cross pollinated.

Here is a pink flaked

This message was edited Aug 8, 2010 9:50 AM

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Your Mai Sugata Cross is definitely a keeper. You should be sure to self-pollinate the Blooms to grow out and try to get it stabilized.
Youjiro Crosses are just too awesome.

Here is one of mine that is a Pink Blizzard that is straight from Japan that crossed in their country. This one I will also try to stabilize

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Here is another that is straight from the Chachamaru Youjiro seed pack, a Dilute Chachamaru

More times than not, seeds I grow straight from the seed packs are not what they are supposed to be, since they are all open pollinated - plus growing very close together, but the crosses are incredible.

This is a Dilute Chachamaru

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Dilute Chachamaru Back View

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

That pink blizzar is beautiful! I love the creamy white. Here is the back view of my maisugata cross.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Nice blooms yall love colors.

Great blooms Emma and Nicole.
Emma love the Pink Blizzard, The color is special.

Thanks everyone -
My Youjiro Pink Blizzard bloomed for the first time this am, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the blooms progress

This is Shishi botan, sds from Emma.Thanks Emma.
This bloom reminds me of Xiong's Chinese

Thumbnail by patootie
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Beautiful blooms ladies and gents!

Pretty Light Saz. I have one like it growing currently. Maybe it's a little darker as shown in this photo.

I love that Silver Wolf, Helena! It looks different than mine! Maybe mine was a rouge seed? LOL! Tempest is a beaut!

Emma - Nice crosses. Hope you can get the seeds to come true. How many grow-outs are you planning to do to try to stablize them?

Tony - Nice parent vines! How many babies do you have growing now? Pretty blooms!

Nicole - Lovely cross! I hope you get more blooms on the vine just like it!

Jackie - Your bright pink is really pretty! Glad to see you got a pink bloomer growing! :-)

This message was edited Aug 9, 2010 4:28 PM

Thumbnail by beckygardener

This is Kai no Kasumi. Love everything about this one. Light green-yellow leaves and those lavender spots!

These are some large blooms from Antoinette's Chocolate Blizzard! The photo doesn't do it justice. It's really elegant looking like a wedding dress.

I've got a lot speckles growing right now. Seems to be my thing this year! I love all those freckles on the blooms! Also using Blue Speckles for the pollen vine for any blooms that aren't producing pollen. I think it's going to be an interesting year for crosses in 2011! Gosh that seems to weird to say 20 11! I remember when it was 2000! Time flies as you get older!

Here is Plum Dots from Colin. It has yellow-green leaves that resemble Kikyo/Jishi blooms with a spray of purple dots/speckles on the blooms! Prolific bloomer so far!

Not sure what this one is. Came out of a Japanese mixed seed packet.

This message was edited Aug 9, 2010 4:31 PM

I think this is a volunteer from Silver Shadows. But I think it looks like a recessive gene showed up. I think this one should be called Pink Shadows! LOL! It's a small bloom like an I. purp.

I think this one is a Blue Shibori. It also was in a mixed Japanese seed packet.

My Gray Fog open this morning. Oops where's my variegated leaves?
lol

Thumbnail by patootie

Becky, I'm in love with the Choc Blizzard and the small Pink Shadows is
a looker too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.